Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy. My headache was now feeling like a stampede through my head and my stomach felt like it would rip itself to shreds if I didn't eat. Plus my throat was dry and my tongue was a weird green color.

I hopped out of bed quickly, and the world spun around me. I tried to shake it off, but I was spiraling downwards into nothing.

I woke up a few minutes later. No one had heard me faint, thank God. I stood up slowly and walked downstairs.

"Only cold water," I whispered to myself. I realized I talked to myself a lot but I didn't really mind if I was crazy anymore. All I really cared about was my weight. K didn't even care about Carrie anymore, or if Suzie thought I was fat...

"C'mon, Barney," I put the lead on my cute little pug and out the door.

It was a beautiful day. Bloody freezing, but beautiful. Snow was falling gently and was sticking to the ground, little piles were already being formed, and the puddles and lakes were frozen over. I saw a couple hugging, and I went 'awh' in my mind. I almost forgot about my diet. Until I saw her.

I didn't know her name. I wish I did, so I could help her. She was a thin woman of about 20. Her hair was tied up in a neat bun, but you could she her scalp through it. And when I said thin, I meant like a stick. Literally. Her gums were peeling and here teeth were yellow when she spoke. She looked at me and smiled.

"You're really thin," she told me and walked on. I stood on the spot frozen.

She had an eating disorder, no question about it. If I continued doing what I was doing, would I end up like her? Disgusting looking?

**************

"Pass the potatoes please," I asked Harry, who handed them to me. My plate was filled with vegetables, but I had plenty of protein and a glass of milk to wash it down.

"Oh, Emma, it's nice to see you back to normal," Mum commented and took a sip of her drink. I smiled.

Sure, I will always have problems with my body weight. I will always be self conscious and I will never be "perfect" in my mind. But I have to learn that being imperfect is pretty great as well.

END

Wow, this was a short book! I know that there should have been more chapters, but I didn't have it really planned out. Please leave comments and vote, though, because it's in the watty awards!!