Chapter 1

Amy POV
I woke up with a loud knock on my door.

"Amy open this door its time for school."

"Ugh! I'm awake!" I shouted at the door.

I groaned and got up and entered the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and my hair was a bird's nest. "Ugh kill me." I said, sighing afterwards. Don't get me wrong I love school that's the only way I could leave this boring house but it's just the waking up in the morning that gets me, a girl needs her beauty sleep you know.

I brushed my teeth & had my bath. It was a pleasant feeling, the warm water hitting my back, that's the only way the sluggish feeling I feel in the morning can be cleared. I got out and put on my robe & had my wet hair in a towel.

I opened my wardrobe & picked out a flower printed gown with a black leather jacket, a guitar necklace & black boots, looks cuteI got dressed & backed my bag to go downstairs.

I got to the dining and saw aunt Bekah and uncle Kol. They are family and I love them a lot it's just that they are annoying especially uncle Kol. He just finds joy in making me stressed.

Without greeting I got out coco balls from the top cupboard & milk from the fridge & poured it in my bowl and sat to eat.

"You know aunt Bekah, the alarm could have done the job instead of you slamming your fist on my door." I said while sending an irritated look her way.

"I felt the alarm wasn't loud enough, you welcome though." She said smirking.

I rolled my eyes, this is what I have to go through for family. I finished eating and dropped my bowl in the sink. "I'm off to school."

"Hope school isn't stressful, have fun." said uncle Kol.

Now I'm surprised. I turned and gave uncle Kol an astonished look simply because he doesn't care about me going to school, he doesn't even care about anything, and he's totally selfish with his feelings. "Since when do you care."

"You're right, I don't care." He smirked.

Typical uncle Kol.

That's what I thought. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door.

**************************

I got into school & hopped down from the school bus. I attend Benjamin Franklin High school in New Orleans. It took a lot of persuasion from me, mom, aunt Bekah and my uncles before my dad could let me go to school here.

He preferred me to be home schooled which I tried for three years and was shitty. I walked into the school and caught a sight at Davina who was by her locker which is next to mine. We had our lockers close to each other every year, thanks to the power of compulsion.

"Hey Amy." My best friend said hugging me.

"Hey." I said smiling pulling off from the hug. I turned to my locker and put in my combination and opened it to put my books in it.

"So are you coming for Kelsey's party tonight..." She trailed off.

"I'm not sure you know my dad is annoyingly overprotective he won't let me."

"I forgot. Anyways find any means to come its Kelsey's party we talking about." she said grinning. Davina and parties.

"I know, I know but you know that man is quite stubborn." I said.

She nodded.

"So Dav I've been thinking...." I trailed off.

That's the nickname I gave Davina not because I felt I should give my best friend a nickname but sometimes I'm too lazy to pronounce all.

"About what?" she said sounding concerned.

"Kai."

"Oh no." She replied folding her arms to her chest with a frown on her face.

You see Davina hates Kai. When we started dating Davina wanted to do a background check on him because she said he has a bad aura. She went to Mystic Falls and did it and came back saying Kai is bad news and all, he's a sociopath a manic and everything evil, but it never disturbed me because Kai already told me all those. She never supported our relationship and never cared. She just hates the fact that we're together.

"What? I know you don't like him but..." I was cut off by Davina.

"You're right I don't. He's a sociopath & you shouldn't be seen with him!" She said half yelling.

See! I told you.

"Dav he's my boyfriend you talking about."

"I know & I'm telling you. He is bad news. I was so happy he left."

"You know what Davina I don't care what you think, all I'm saying is I haven't heard from him."

"I have." She said bluntly.

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

She sighed. "When I saw that he didn't come back I was curious as to what evil thing he might be doing so I asked questions around and found out he's in prison world, again!" She said, placing emphasis on the word 'again.'

"What?! Are you crazy? And you telling me now? Oh my god I have to get to Mystic Falls." I said holding my head and pacing around. I was furious, why did she just tell me now.

"You see, this is why I never wanted to tell you. Why would you go to Mystic falls are you crazy? I mean how will you even get there? What will you tell your dad? It's a crazy thing you just said."

"Davina this is my boyfriend we talking about, the guy I love."

She scoffed. "Whatever."

"Davina you don't understand." I said quietly.

"You know what? Let's go we are late for class." And she dragged me to class.

********************************

How's my first chapter? Pls Vote, Comment & Share.