Chapter 2

I had decided to do something nice for Hazel a week later. I had gotten in touch with Peter Van Houten's assistant and she had managed to get Peter Van Houten to respond to this email too.
I think I actually like Hazel. Not just as a friend. More than that. I don't know. I decided to call her, reading aloud the email to Hazel Grace over the phone. She sounded so excited and it was actually kind of adorable. I loved every feature about her, especially her soothing voice.
She emailed Peter Van Houten too, who actually sort of invited her (and me) to Amsterdam. Wow. Of course, Hazel wouldn't be able to go because of her shitty lungs, but I didn't like heights so I'm kind of glad we didn't have to go on a plane.
Shit. I just remembered that I promised Frannie I would give Hazel my dying wish. Dammit.
After Hazel went to her hospital appointment thing, I decided to take her on a picnic. She rejected, because she needed to change, but then said that after she changed she would go with me.
It's cute how she worries about her looks. She is beautiful and she doesn't know it.
Woah. Did you guys see that? I think I actually like her. Maybe even love her. When she came out, we went on our picnic. She laughed when I told her I was a virgin. "You are NOT still a virgin!" she laughed, doing that adorable laugh I loved.
AUGUSTUS YOU NEED TO STOP YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO LIKE HER THIS IS FOR MONEY!! I told myself. "Yep," I said, showing her the circle of virgins I made with a stick.
I can't show you the photo so the photo is in the chapter cover thing.
It was kind of sad that I was still a virgin.
I decided that that day I would share big news to Hazel. Don't worry, I'm not dying. Yet.
We sat down, admiring how cool Funky Bones actually was! They took artwork and made it a kids' structure to play on!
"You must be wondering why you're sitting here eating a gross sandwich with a guy with one leg," I remarked. "That actually has crossed my mind," Hazel smiled, giggling.
"Well, I'm sharing some news," I announced, waiting to see her reaction. *DONT COMPLAIN BECAUSE THIS ISNT WHAT HAPPENED* "I still can't believe you used your wish on Disney," I said, changing the subject. She nodded. "You know, I too have an interest in meeting this Peter Van Houten," I said. "I didn't use my dying wish," I remarked. "Wait, does this mean..." Hazel murmured. I interrupted her. "I'm not giving you my wish or anything, if that's what you mean," I laughed, making a goofy smile while taking a swig of orange juice. "But I wouldn't mind meeting Peter Van Houten. And I definitely wouldn't come without the person who introduced me to the book," I'm so glad I took drama in high school. Because of that, my lying skills are amazing. I better get paid lots of money for doing this. "We leave in a month," I added. Hazel screamed, she was so excited.
She hugged me, and I think I had a crush on her. She was beautiful and so nice and gave the best hugs. "No way!" she exclaimed. I nodded, smiling.
I texted Frannie later that day, explaining that I didn't need to get paid anymore for liking Hazel. I loved her with or without bribery. She said that Hazel could come to Amsterdam.
That is, until she had a breathing problem and the doctor had an argument with her about blah blah blah and now she can go, but she has to bring her mom. When Hazel was in the hospital, I got a weird feeling.
I went to the doctor and my cancer came back. I sobbed for a long time. I didn't want to tell Hazel, at least until we were in Amsterdam. God damn it. I had like a 90% chance of being cancer-free and I get that stupid 10%.
Life sucks.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, I know I said it was going to be long. I was reading other stories and people would publish like 2 chapters in one day so I thought I should hurry up. Also I don't remember what happened in the rest of the story. I'm gonna write in this font now; I just figured it out. Okay so it's pretty late and I hope you like the chapter!! Sorry it took so long I was busy ect.. FUN FACT: I have seen The Fault in our Stars 6 times!!