Chapter 18

"Ashton slow down I can't walk that fast!" Reagan squealed trying to keep up with Ashton.

He couldn't believe what just happened. His heart was racing. Ashton found a bench along the beach looking out onto the water for him and Reagan to sit on while he calmed down. There was something about the view that brought him peace.

Ashton sat down, rubbing his hands in his face. He let out a big sigh while Reagan sat next to him rubbing his shoulder softly, trying to comfort him.

"I can't believe he just popped up like that.. After what.. ten years of not even bothering to see how we're doing he just drops in like everything was gonna be okay?" Ashton asked with a small crack in his voice towards the end. "Who even invited him."

"Shh, Ash we don't have to talk about it right now," Reagan said wrapping her arms around his torso. She didn't like seeing him so worked up.. it made her heart feel heavy.

"Can we just go," Ashton asked making Reagan nod.

The two stood up but Reagan wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly wishing all his worries would go away.

"It's going to be okay Ash," she said pulling back to look at his now dark eyes. They had changed from his happy bright green eyes to a dark musty hazel.

Reagan stood up on her toes, pushing a kiss firmly to Ashton's lips before whispering, "Let's go."

Reagan locked fingers with Ashton, as they walked in the sand back to the car. No words were exchanged between them, only the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

"Let me drive back," Reagan said once they reached the car.

"I'm fine," Ashton said shaking his head.

"I know you're fine. Just let me drive Ashton... please," she begged. Reagan knew most what it was like to drive when you were emotional, and sometimes it was a scary thing. It was better to just stare out the window and get lost in your thoughts. Ashton let out a breath before handing Reagan the keys.

The drive was also quiet, the only talking done was from Reagan's GPS telling her how to get home.

To Reagan, the drive definitely felt like 2 hours... but to Ashton the drive went by in a flash.

He had been staring out of the window just zoned out. He had no clue what would happen next.

When they finally pulled up to Reagan's apartment Ashton spoke up.

"Hey, could I stay with you the next few days or so?" Ashton asked. There was no way he could go home. His dad was in California.. and he wouldn't doubt he would come back to the house to at least spend some time with Harry. Ashton didn't want to be there.

Reagan smiled and put her hand on top of Ashtons, "You can stay as long as you want."

Thankfully Ashton had some shorts, a pair of jeans, and other clothes in the trunk of his car. Mostly from running with Calum, but he knew Reagan wouldn't mind washing them. He grabbed them and the two made their way upstairs.

"Do you want me to wash all of those?" Reagan asked once they got upstairs and Ashton nodded.

"Yes please."

Reagan grabbed the clothes from Ashton before walking down the hall to where she kept her washer and dryer to start washing his clothes.

When she was done, she glanced into her bedroom to see Ashton laying in bed already. Just a lamp on while he stared at the ceiling. He hadn't eaten yet well neither had she, so Reagan made her way into the kitchen to make them both some food.