Chapter 13

Ashton opened his eyes and rubbed them. He looked at the clock Reagan had on her nightstand, it was 11. He looked down and Reagan's head was laying on his chest. Her hand softly laid on his stomach. He couldn't lie, he liked it.

A few minutes later, Reagan began to move and she was soon rubbing her eyes too.

"Hi," she said moving onto her back. She didn't know she was laying on Ashton, she hoped he didn't mind.

"Morning," Ashton said with his husky morning voice which Reagan liked a lot. She turned over and grabbed her phone off the nightstand, reading the messages she had gotten.

"My family is coming today," Reagan said putting her phone back down.

"Oh.." Ashton said, he had totally forgot, "Right."

Ashton didn't know much about Reagan's family, but she didn't seem like the family person. She rarely talked about them, and she didn't have many pictures of them in her apartment. Plus she lived in a completely different state and rarely contacted them.

"Hey Ashton," Reagan said sitting up in bed brushing the hair out of her eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Would you want to come to dinner with me and meet them? That sounds really odd, meeting my family, but they don't come down ever really. I don't know, it would be nice to show them I can make friends," Reagan laughed nervously.

"Oh so you're using me so they don't think you're a loser?" Ashton teased with a grin on his face.

"You know that's not what I meant," Reagan protested with a laugh.

"I know what you meant," Ashton laughed, "I would be glad too."

Reagan knew asking Ashton to meet her family was odd. Usually that was a big step for a couple, which Reagan and Ashton weren't. Well yet, she hoped to be maybe one day, but they had to talk about that. She just knew she might not see her family for another year, and she didn't want to pass up the opportunity while she had it. If they met Ashton as her friend, it could make things easier down the line if the two ever dated.

Ashton was happy Reagan was opening herself up a little bit. Like she had said, she was a very secluded person. He didn't know much about her background, but he had a feeling this would help him. He was excited, and nervous. He was glad he wasn't meeting her family as her boyfriend because he would feel double the pressure, but he did want them to like him. He wanted to talk about dating her one day, but that was a long talk the two needed to have at a different time.

"Well I should probably go home and shower. I don't want to smell awful in front of your family," Ashton laughed sitting up and peeling the covers off of him. It wouldn't be smart to meet them in the same clothes he wore last night, especially once he got some of his spaghetti sauce on his pants.

"Alright, do you want to meet me here and we can drive over together?" Reagan asked. She was really happy Ashton was going to come with her.

"Sounds like a plan," Ashton smiled getting out of bed and picking his shirt up off the ground before pulling it on.

"Thanks Ashton," Reagan smiled getting out of bed herself and walking towards the living room.

"For what?" Ashton asked.

"My birthday gifts, coming with me tonight, staying over, making me feel better last night," Reagan smiled. She really liked Ashton.

"You don't have to thank me, but you're welcome." Ashton smiled down at Reagan. She was so little compared to him and he loved it. She was the perfect height for him. When Reagan leaned in to give him a brief hug, he was able to rest his chin comfortably on her head.