Chapter 5: She knows...

And those who live in them are safe and we, the ones who are in them. We have the power, we can take everyone who aren't with us out of their misery. We help...though most think we don't. The darkness helps. We can save them. If only they could see....

A few minutes a tall and slender man walked? Possibly just appeared out of nowhere. He looked around until his eyes? landed on Echo. She looked at him as she stayed where she was, not moving at all. "Hey, Slendy." Said Jeff as he got up and walked over to him. "Jeff?" He questioned, "Yeah?" Jeff replied. "Who is the girl?" He asked as he turned to face Jeff and then back at Echo. "Oh, that's just Echo. She's a killer just like us." Jeff explained as he walked over to her and helped her up. "Err..hi." She said a bit awkward. "Hello." Said the one she now knew as Slendy. "Nice to meet you I'm Echo, Gouge, or The Gouging Shadow." She saw as Slendy sort of widened his eyes? Again, she didn't know if he was, he had no face after all. "Hm, so you're the one who likes eyes." Echo grinned and nodded. "Yeah, so I am known around here." She admire how they knew about her. "Am I the only one who doesn't know her?" Jeff said as he looked around to everyone in the room, who of course was nodding their heads.

Echo laughed softly before she looked over at Slendy. "And I'm Slenderman." He said as he held out his hand. Echo stood up and shook it as she smiled. "Well you stayed in Ohio for a long time, smile child." Said Slendy. Jeff just groaned in annoyance as he sat back down on the couch. 'Someone is well known....by killers that is.' Said Korry as he smirked, he had gotten off the couch and was now earning on the frame of the door that led to the front door. "Yeah, that's like 3 states away from where you met me. After all I lived in Springfield, Vermont." Echo explained as she sat back down on the ground. He nodded, "Yeah, I remember." He simply said before he rolled his eyes. "Alright. So I'm guessing you're going to stay with us form now on?" Asked Slendy as he looked over at her. "Yeah, my house sort of blew up." She laughed sheepishly, she scratched the back of her neck. "Hm, I see. Well then, Jeff go show Echo her new room." He more likely ordered then telling him. Jeff groaned and nodded. "Fine, come on." He walked out of the living room and then headed up the stairs. Echo followed right behind with her two suitcases in her hands.

*At some other place*

"Hm...hehe, well then she finally snapped." A feminine voice said as they sat on a chair. "I see that she has made friends with those losers. Well too bad, I guess she's now my enemy. Not that she was my friend in the first place." The feminine figure had gotten off her chair and was now pacing around the room. Soon after two other figures walked into the room. "What did you call us here?" One asked as the other just stayed quiet. "I have news." She simply stated. "News, you say. About what?" The deeper voice figure asked as he raised an eyebrow. "Hm, well about subject 73724. Or otherwise known as Serah." She said as she giggled a bit. "What? You know where she is?" The man said, take aback what she had just told him. "Well of course, she has just appeared and came out of her hiding spot." She said as she grinned. "So. What would you like me to do, hm?" She asked as she giggled, the grin still plastered on her face.

She played with a strand of her hair as she looked at the two men, waiting for their response. Both of them looked at each other and then nodded. "Well you must know what we want by now. Retrieve her from wherever she is and bring her to us, dead or alive." Said the man before he turned around and headed for the door. "Eh, eh, eh. What will I gain from that?" She asked as she walked over to them. "Your records will be deleted from the data base and you will be let free." Was all he said before they both walked out. She walked back to the chair and sat down as she laughed. "Haha, you better be ready for this game. Echo...." Her laughter boomed throughout the whole room, it was a cold, insane, chilling laugh.

*Back at the mansion*

Jeff had showed Echo her room by now and she didn't quite like it. It was big for herself, yes. But it was too small for her jars of eyes. She would redecorate it with other things once she goes out. "Yeah, so this is your room." Jeff said as he sat down on her bed. She looked around before she walked over to the wall on the left. She grinned before she kicked a whole into the wall. "What the fuck?!!" Yelled Jeff as he looked at her and then at the hole in the wall. "What the fuck was that for?!" He questioned. "Well, I need a room for my eyes." She explained as she took out about five jars of eyes from her suitcase. "You only have 5 jars though." He said as he motioned over to them. "Well that's because I have no time to get every other one." She said as she walked to the other room and paced them on a shelve.

Echo could feel this feeling on the back of her neck. She felt a chill run down her spine. There was definitely something wrong. She had never felt like this before, well there was that time where a subject ran away from her home back when she lived with her parents. But the government said that they had found her dead inside a building. Her throat had been slit and she had been hanging from the ceiling. It was suppose to be suicide. She never expected the feeling to come back. It didn't feel right. She had tensed up and Jeff had noticed that. "Hey is there something wrong?" He asked as he looked at her with a weird look. Echo quickly nodded and pushed him out of her room once she had walked back inside of it. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said as she slammed the door after she had pushed him out. 'What happened to you?' Asked Korry as he was now lying on her bed. She walked over and lied down next to him. "I'm getting this bad feeling." She explained as she looked at him. Korry hugged her and she hugged back.

Korry comforted her for a moment before he raised an eyebrow. 'What kind of feeling?' He asked. "I feel like that time when subject 52638 ran away." She cuddling into Korry's chest as she tried to keep her fear inside. 'But she was found dead.' He explained, Echo only nodded. "Yeah, I know that. But I don't think that is true." She said before she bit her lip. 'So you think that she is still alive?' He questioned as he chuckled softly. Echo bit her lip a bit more and nodded without saying anything. 'I see. Well it's alright I don't think that she is, the government would have told your parents.' Korry said as he patted her back in comfort. 'There is no way that she could still be alive. The government said it themselves. Could they have lied? I don't think they would have. She would have had this same feeling even after they said she died. There is no way, right? Right?' Echo thought. That whole night, she didn't go out at all. She stayed locked up in her room, thinking about the subject 52638. She eventually fell asleep. The feeling never leaving her. She was afraid. She didn't want to.

We care for each other now. I want to think that this is true. If it's true, then would they be able to help me fight off what's coming. Would they be able to? They are just like me.....we are alike and I believe we all would be able to fight it off. She knows now, I just wonder if it is the person I think it is....