Alianna - Part 1

It was a hot summer's day and a young boy and girl were eating popsicles on the girls front door step. The girl, out of the blue asked the boy, "Do you ever wanna have kids?" The boy replied, "Yes. A girl, Alianna, and a boy, Nicholas. What about you?" The girl said, "I wanna have a girl." The boy then asked "Name?" "I don't know." "Father?" "I don't know." The under the boy's breath, he quietly mumbled "I'll be the dad..." not knowing that the girl heard him.

10 YEARS LATER

Onika got up out of bed, to the sound of her baby's cry, in the middle of the night, as usual. She wished someone else was there to help care for the child, but as soon as the father found out she was pregnant, he left her to care and raise the child by herself. She walked into the child's room, turned on the lamp, picked the infant up out of the cot and sat down on the rocking chair near the window, lulling the baby back to sleep.

"I hope he will come back one day," she whispered to the baby. "I hope he'll come back and see how much you've grown." She walked back over to the cot, carefully placed her baby down onto the covers, tucked her in, turned off the light and began to walk out. Just as she reached the doorway, she looked back over her shoulder and whispered, "Goodnight Alianna, my beautiful girl."

5 YEARS LATER

Onika heard a knock at the door. She turned off the iron and walked to the front door of her house. She opened the door slightly, so that the security chain was tight. There stood a man in a grey hoodie. "Onika," he said, "I made a huge mistake. I should've never left. I have realised that, well, I still love you."

Onika stepped back in shock. She took the chain off the latch and opened the door completely. "Why should I let you back into my life after you deserted me without a trace to fend for myself and my child with you not wanting anything to do with us until now. Oh, so now that you've bummed your way to the bottom you've decided that I'm your only option. Is that how you see me? Your last choice? Get off my front doorstep!" Defiantly, Safaree continued. "Onika, I've been through a lot these past five years, and all I wanted was fame and fortune, but all of that has failed and I have come to realise that all I really want and need is you. So all I'm asking is you forgive me."

Onika lost all control and strength in her body to hold up her stand and collapsed forward into Safaree's arms and clung to him, bursting out crying. "I will forgive you Safaree. I will. All I've ever wanted for all of these years alone is for you to come back to me and Alianna."

Safaree stepped back in shock. "Alianna? Is that what you called her? Even after I'd left?" "Yes she replied, tears still swelling in her eyes, threatening to once again spill down her mascara streaked cheeks. "She's your child too, and she looked too much like you." Safaree looked at Onika with a sense of awe and desire. "Where is she?" he asked. "She's right here. Alianna," she called. A small girl approached the two, her hazel eyes gleaming with curiosity as to who this man was. "Alianna, this is your father."