Chapter 4

"Five... Five hundred and nine thousands?" she hissed, still heavily hung on his arm, her knees didn't want to cooperate with her brain, obviously too shock with the amount of digits that printed on the sign. He stared down at her, oblivious by her fingers gripping his suit until her knuckles turned white.

"Don't worry about the price. Let's have a look." James circled his arm around her waist and lifted her up a bit before dragging her closer to the car. He opened the door and signalled Diana to get in and she did. He then walked around and sat on the passenger seat.

"Do you like it?" he asked slightly smiling.

"Yes... it's nice." Diana gapped, still traumatised with the price, her eyes scanned the dashboard. Her hand touched the leather seat and the steering wheel tentatively, too scared that she would leave some marks there.

James explained some of the buttons and their functions and how to adjust the seat, he looked familiar with the settings already, Diana looked at him suspiciously. "How do you know this thing? Don't tell me you have one!"

"My friend had one, an older model." He lied. The older model was his car back in London. One of his two dozen other cars that parked neatly inside his humongous underground garage.

"Do you want to test drive?"

"No, I'll be okay." Diana refused immediately. She was terrified of the possibility that she would crash or scratch it. So she'd rather not do any test drives. Definitely not this brand!

"Okay then, let's pick the colour." He stepped out of the car, again he walked around and opened her door then helped her getting off the low seat.

Diana stared at him with defeated face, "you know, I can get off the car myself."

"Miss Ana, it's not about you can or can't. I am just showing you how a man should treat a woman, especially you. Princess Wellesley, you deserve only gentlemen." He answered then he raised his hand slightly to tell her to walk in front of him. "Now let's see Ben."

She blushed. She had to admit that the way James moved around her made her feel that she was the only person he cared about. No matter how sarcastic he was, but she felt safe with him and she felt that she was on the top priority of his life. She liked it!

James then pulled a chair in front of Ben's desk for her and after she sat, he took the next chair.

"Do you have the colour choice Ben?" again his voice sounded demanding, like a boss that barked orders.

"Sure sir, I'll get the book. Excuse me for a moment." He walked away from his desk to the other office to retrieve the brochure.

"James... " Diana called out weakly.

"Yes Miss Ana?"

"Ugh... maybe I changed my mind... " she whispered.

"Why?"

"It's so expensive... "

"Don't be silly. It's exactly the amount that your dad transferred to me this morning. "

"Really?"

"Yes. Really." He lied. Edward only transferred five hundred thousands into his account and instructed him to ask for more if it wasn't enough, but James planned not to bother him. He could spend a hundred thousand overnight in a party, spending ten thousands for a car that he would mostly drive would be appropriate.

"Okay, here's the colour choice, choose one." He lifted the brochure.

"I like silver." Diana answered without even looking at the booklet.