Part 2

Chapter 1

London

"NICHOLAS JAMES STRATFORD!" His father's voice, that he somehow was expecting, exploded in his office, sending him to a standing position in no time. He swallowed hard and drops of sweat suddenly invaded his temples.

He knew exactly why his father was here and the way he called his name, he knew his father was angry, no, he was beyond angry, he was furious!

William Stratford walked in with his steps echoing on the marble floor, adding the horror that had already been nagging in Nicholas' mind since last night when he punched his father's butler on the face and gave him a broken nose, swollen jaw, and concussion.

"What have you done to George?" William stopped in front of him, slamming today's newspaper on his oak desk and stared at him angrily.

"I... I..." Nicholas gulped one more time. He knew what hit him but he had never seen his father this angry and it absolutely startled him.

Nicholas wasn't born yesterday. He ran a company, he was a bright twenty-three-year-old with a master degree fresh from Harvard. He was rich, smart, and one of the most respectable young successful businessmen. But every time he had to face his father's anger like now, he turned back into a terrified little boy who got caught stealing some cookies.

It all started last night when he got carried away with his friends getting so drunk and causing trouble in a bar. George, the family's butler, picked him up to save him from nasty media that were always hungry for his news but Nicholas sent him to the hospital instead. Now his face was all over the newspapers.

"I am sorry... I didn't mean it." He sighed, looking down to his shiny five-thousand-dollar leather shoes.

"That's not good enough Nicholas! We have a name to uphold for god's sake." William paced around Nicholas' humongous office, trying to suppress his anger and he couldn't, "and no one, I mean, NO ONE touch my butler!" he jabbed his son's chest with his index finger furiously and his eyes narrowed into mere slits. He then curled up his hand into a fist before he walked away and slammed himself to the nearest chair.

Nicholas stood still didn't know how to react to his father's rage. He knew his father was a strict, bad-tempered, stubborn man whom he had ever encountered and he knew he should just shut his mouth up when facing William's temper like his mother always suggested.

"You know what? I am going to tell George to sue you, send you to jail for a few months. That should teach you a lesson... "

Nicholas lifted his face, disbelieved of what his father just said. "No, Dad! Please don't..."

"Yes... that's exactly what I am going to do!" William nodded.

"But Dad... The media will know... "

"I don't give a fuck about media anymore. You've been bad lately, I am having a hard time containing you...."

"Dad... I am sorry, I won't do it again... I promise... Just don't... "

Their conversation stopped by a figure walking into the office. "Am I interrupting something?" a middle-aged man with expensive suit strolled casually into the office. His face shone brightly like he was in the happiest stage of his life.

"Edward, please sit down." William waved at his best friend slightly. "Thank you for coming."

"No worries my friend. How are you Nicholas?" The guest called Edward nodded to William before turning his attention to his son.

"I am fine Sir." Nicholas replied weakly.

"So! Have you finished yelling at him Bill?" Edward took a seat in front of William and crossed his leg. His lips twitched up a little, mocking his angry friend.