Epilogue

“Ladies and gentlemen, may I please have your attention. It is now time for the bride and groom to share their first dance,” the DJ announced over the loud speaker.

Nate offered his hand to me and I took it as he led me out to the dance floor. I smiled as he wrapped his arm around my waist and we watched the bride and groom dance to a slow song. We stood on the outside of the growing circle around the swaying newly married couple. Nate stood behind me locking his arms securely around my waist as we watched our friends enjoy their first dance together as an official couple.

“Good job,” Nate whispered close to my ear. I reached my arm up and stroked his hair as my sign of thanking him.

“Brooke is beautiful,” I commented swaying slightly to the music.

Nate nodded against the back of my head. “Sean’s never looked happier.”

We both took a second to admire the couple that never would have been had I not gone to the movies with my friend exactly one year ago. Brooke had on a beautiful white princess gown and had her brown hair curled nicely which framed her beautifully made up face. Sean looked stunning in his black tuxedo which had a white flower in his left pocket. They were adorable together.

“You look beautiful too,” Nate said after a minute.

I scoffed. “Thanks.”

It might have been true but I was having a hard time seeing it in my pink dress. It wasn’t so bad. I mean, if I had to pick a dress then this would be the one. It wasn’t hot pink like the one at the ball, instead it was almost a soft lavender color but more pink then purple. It was a strapless mermaid style dress that really showed off my curves but thankfully wasn’t as tight as leather. I expected Nate to like it.

“You really do,” Nate assured as he hands traveled down my sides until they rested on my hips. I took his hands and placed them higher.

“We are in a public place,” I warned trying to focus on the couple in front of me. It was kind of hard when you have your boyfriend feeling you up in a tight dress.

“Fine,” Nate grumbled placing his chin on my shoulder and keeping his eyes on the bride and groom.

I remember that six months ago Brooke and Sean had come over to Nate’s apartment to tell us the news. Nate was immediately asked to be the best man. I was disappointed when I wasn’t titled maid of honor on the spot but Brooke shyly asked me within the next week. I excitedly agreed happy that she considered me a close friend even after we had just begun to be friends again.

On unrelated news, I had moved into Nate’s apartment as Sean moved out. Shockingly, Eros encouraged this arrangement and he even gave me the ‘license’ to live on Earth. Immortals had to have one unless they couldn’t live anywhere else, like in Nate’s case. Psyche demanded though that we visit on a scheduled basis so every Saturday we had to have dinner with them. Psyche had become Nate’s best friend and had really taken a liking to him. She constantly commented on how excited she is going to be once she is a ‘great-great grandma’. We just roll our eyes and point out that we have tons of time for that.

News on Lily and Eurus spread fast in the godly world. I found it a strange combination but being in the presence of both of them; I don’t understand why I didn’t see it before. Eurus was good looking and since Lily could never get mad, all she did was agree with his conceited comments. They were perfect for each other. They were odd to say the least but perfect nonetheless. I was glad that I never had to see her again unless she was ever invited to a god party. She still treated me like I was her best friend but frankly, she just plan annoyed the crap out of me.