Chapter Four.

It had been another two months. Jane and the team had finally nailed the killer and closed the stressful case that was keeping them all from their own lives. The wedding planning was near an end as Maura had jumped straight into it once the case had been closed. Maura and Jane had also had the first insemination of the sperm that had selected and it had failed. But they would try again of course.

Maura had had a few days of self hate once she found out the sperm didn't take and Jane had had the job of bringing her back to her spirits. Good old Jane did just that and they had been out shopping for wedding things, and Maura had had a few looks at some dressed with Angela whilst Jane sat in doors with a beer and her brothers in front of the big screen. Maura had nagged Jane telling her she needed to get her suit done and ready and fitted to her slender from but she had put it off again.

'Come on Jane, I'll take you out and we can get that suit of yours fitted' Frankie smiled to his sister.

Jane rolled her eyes before nodding and standing up to retrieve her keys and jacket before the Rizzoli pair locked up the house and left for the suit shops.

It had taken Jane almost 4 hours to get a suit and find a good place to get it fitted but she did it. Maura was thrilled when she had the call from Jane to inform her that a suit had been fitted and bought. All that was left now was Angela and maybe Hope to go with Maura to pick her dream gown for the day.

'Beer is in the fridge Jane, Angela and I are going to go out and see what we can find' Maura smiled grabbing her bag and keys before kissing her fiancé.

Jane nodded with a smile and carried on watching the TV screen before shouting a small Goodbye to the doctor. Jane had woken up late this morning and had been left in her plush bed without her fiancé. She had been kind of stepping on egg shells around Maura when she wanted to speak about the sperm donors and thing. Maura had suggested IVF and all sorts of things and Jane really did pay attention and try to make her soon to be wife feel better about herself.

'If it comes to it Maur, and it doesn't work, then I will carry. But we still have time, we've only tried it once'

Jane flicked through the channels and decided to shut the screen off. With a hefty sigh the brunette lifted herself off the sofa and dragged herself into the shower. She though of ways to make her fiancé feel better and she knew just what she could do. She pulled on her skinny jeans and white loose T-shirt and flip flops. She ran her fingers through her hair and looked in the mirror before grabbing her keys and leaving the house.

She started the engine to her cruiser and left for the mall.

Maura had been to three different wedding shops with Angela and only found one dress she had merely liked the look of. They had decided to drive way out of town to a little mall just outside of Boston where Maura knew were a few wedding shops.

'Maura honey, we have time. You dont need to get a dress today remember that' Angela reminded the blonde as she followed her around the shop they were currently in.

'Yes Angela I am aware, I'd just like a taster of what I want' Maura smiled looking back to her mother in law.

A tall man in a baige suit approached the woman with a smile and his fingers linked through their own.

'Hello Madame, could I assist you with anything today?' He spoke softly.

Maura smiled to the man and nodded.

'I am looking for a wedding gown. I'd like it to be a slim fit with a small train. I'm not really 100% on things yet' Maura explained.

'Of course, if you'd like to follow me I can show you some of our most prize dresses'

R&I.

Jane had spend a few hours in the mall looking for her desired items, she had indeed found everything she was after. She had arrived home around 4 and knew she needed to up her game if her plan was going to work.

She lifted the bags onto the kitchen island before getting herself a bottle of water from the fridge and taking a moment to breathe before getting to work.

R&I.

Maura has spent another 4 hours searching for wedding clothes and accessories and ended up coming out with a pair of heels (not for the wedding) and a shirt for Jane. She had taken Angela to eat for lunch too. She said goodbye to Angela around 7pm and drove home to where she knew Jane would be waiting for her. She was dying to get her heels off and cuddle up to her detective.

She pulled her car up on the drive and stepped out locking the car before stepping up to her oak door of the house. As soon as she pushed it open she was hit with the smell of delicious food. The hall lights were dimmed and she could see a shallow light coming from the living room. She dropped her keys on the table and headed to see what was going on.

'Jane?' She called softy as she put her bag down by the wall and rounded the corner. What she was met with shocked her.

There was Jane in a pair of baige trousers rolled at the ankle with a white cotton shirt hanging from her. She smiled to her fiancé before turning her gaze to what Jane had done for her. The table was covered in a red table cloth with two large candles standing tall in the middle flickering gently.

'Oh Jane' Maura breathed as she was welcomed into the Italians strong arms.

'Hi Maur' Jane whispered placing a small kiss on the doctors head before leading her to sit at the table.

'Jane this is wonderful' Maura spoke gently as she felt Jane tuck her chair in closer before kissing her cheek and pouri g her a glass of wine.

'I'm glad you like it' Jame smiled before dissapearing into the kitchen to fetch their plates of food. Jane had attempted steak.

'Beware, I did cook it myself.' Jane laughed before placing Maura's plate in front of her and then her own. Taking a seat and a sip of wine she and her Maura tucked into their food.

'Maur, there is something I want to give you' Jane said nervously.

'I know you are worried about it, and anxious for it to work. But I spoke.to the doctor again and she had agreed to fit us In on Monday for anyone e insemination..if..you want to that is' Jane stuttered a little unsure at the end.

'Oh Jane..I want to. I love you'

'I love you too' Jane replied before taking her fiance's hand above the table and kissing it gently.

'I love you and our baby that will come'