Chapter Two

It had been exactly two months since the case had been given to Jane and her team. It still hasn't come to an end but they had finally found a witness from one of the crime scenes that seemed to get away from the horror. The guy was getting sloppy. Korsak had handled the witness/victim whilst Jane, Maura and Frost and a few other techs and uniformed officers took care of the crime scene. It wasn't long until Maura had finished examining the bodies with their autopsy reports three days later. If there was one thing Jane loved about the blonde, it was that she never let herself become distracted or interested in anything else until she finished an autopsy.

Maura had finally persuaded Jane to let her and Angela begin planning their wedding. It took some convincing with red Sox tickets and a few beers but Jane was on board. As promised she wouldn't have to worry about anything wedding related until she was completely satisfied with the case and it being closed. Although Jane didn't think it would be closed for a while yet.

Maura hadn't really helped Jane souly focus on the case anyway. A few nights previous they had made love and Maura had brought up the subject of children to Jane. Now Jane wasn't against having kids with Maura, she was the love of her life, of course she wanted to raise mini Maura's and Jane's it was just a rough time to talk about it. With what was going on with work and this case, and then a wedding on top Jane didn't need to worry about sperm donors and babies too. Although Jane had said she would speak more about it with her in the morning hoping Maura would forget altogether. Who was she kidding.

'So have you thought a bit about what I said last night?' Maura asked sipping her coffee as she crossed her legs as her and her lover sat opposite one another in the division one cafe.

Jane looked up from the case file she had been reading and looked at her fiancé.

'Maur, look-'

'I know. I'm not saying kids right now. I'm just saying soon, maybe a little while after the wedding..or something' Maura interrupted. She had gotten upset when Jane wouldn't speak about it when she had mentioned it, but built the courage up to speak to the brunette about it again.

'No Maur, I want children with you. I do, as soon as possible. Its just..right now I have so much on my mind I just dont think this is the right time what with this case and the wedding planning. Wouldn't this all be too much?' Jane asked closing the case file and picking up her coffee.

Maura took a moment to think before sippi g her coffee again and looking at her partner.

'I just want to build a family with you Jane'

'Oh Maura' Jane said taking the blondes hand.

'Look, if you get the files and things that are needed for the insemination thing or whatever we have to do, I'll take a look at them with you. We can look, we will build a family' Jane suggested and smiled as she saw her fiancés face light up.

'Thankyou Jane! I will get everything we need and we can go over them tonight?' Maura asked standing and picking up her Gucci bag.

'Sure honey' Jane nodded with a small smile as she returned the kiss coming her way and watched the blonde leave the cafe.

Jane smiled as she thought about the way Maura's face had lit up. She was happy to have children, she wanted that a lot, it was just bad timing to mention it. Looking over files and things could hurt though right? As long as it was making her fiancé happy.

She pictured waking up to find Maura in the nursery feeding a tiny little brunette girl or boy with haz eyes like Maura and dark hair like her own. It warmed her heart, she definitely wanted that. She then began to wonder what it will look like when they expand their little family into three kids or four. Jane knew Maura was all for a big family as she never had siblings of her own she knew what it was like to be an only child and how boring it was to grow up. Plus it wasn't easy when you had to deal with things alone when you normally would with a brother or a sister. Jane was definitely big in family, she had grown being part of a huge Italian family and loved it, and she wanted to make a big one of her own with the love of her life.

What would Maura want to name them? Would she want their names to be traditional and posh like her parents heritage or a good old Italian name like Joey? Jane was brought out of her thoughts by the sound and feel of a buzzing phone ringing in her pocket.

'Rizzoli' She answered.