Chapter Seven, You Lied?

~Miyako's P.O.V~

"Hey dad? Can we talk?", I asked as boomer and I stood outside my fathers office door. "Sure sweetheart what is it?", dad asked as boomer and I walked in closing the door behind us. "Well I have a question about an employee", I said. "Okay? Which one?", dad asked. "Who is Emily?", I asked. "Emily?!", dad said as his face seemed to go white. "Mom mentioned her the other day.. She said she worked for the American branch of the company? She wouldn't tell me any thing about her", I said. "You don't need to know any thing about her. She is none of your business!", dad said. "Why are you guys so secretive about her?", I asked. "That is also none of your business", dad said. "I just want to know who she is. Mom said she was a really good worker but she got defensive when I asked about her", I said. "Well we will talk about this another time. I'm very busy right now", dad said. "But dad--", I started to say. "You two should get back to work", dad said. "Alright fine", I said as boomer and I walked back over to the door. We both walked out and closed my fathers door behind us. We both quickly walked down the hallway to my office. "Man I wonder why there keeping her a secret?", boomer said. "I have no idea.. I wish they would tell me", I said. "Hey I have an idea", boomer said. "What's your idea?", I asked. "Well there is a filing cabinet in the basement that has records of every one who has ever worked at this company. We could go down there and look", boomer said. "Yeah but I bet there has been a ton of Emily's that have worked here", I said. "Well we can look and see which Emily was transferred over to America. Then we will know who Emily is. Then we can tell your parents we know who she is and maybe they will give us the full story", boomer said. "That's a good idea boomer. Your so smart", I said. "Thank you", boomer said as he smiled. "What if my parents catch us?", I asked. "We will wait until they leave for the day. So tonight we will sneak down there and look through the files", boomer said. "If they catch us they will probably hide Emily's file", I said. "Hey I used to be a villain. I know how to do sneaky things with out getting caught. So don't worry", boomer said as he smiled.

"Man it's so dark down here", boomer said as he held my hand tighter. Boomer and I was in the basement looking for the filing cabinet that contained files of every employee. "It's scary down here", I said as I shined my flash light up at a cobweb with a huge spider on it. "Wow that spider is huge", boomer said. "I hope it doesn't have babies hiding in the filing cabinet", I said. "I just hope we don't run into a mouse!", boomer said as he shined his flash light around on the floor. "There's mice down here?!", I asked. "I doubt it. But you never know. Basements are known to have creepy things in them", boomer said. "I guess if there was a mouse down here I could just ask it to leave us alone", I said. "Oh yeah! I forgot you can talk to animals", boomer said. "I hardly ever use that power though. I usually only use it if I'm looking for some thing or some one", I said. "If I had that power I'd go to the zoo and talk to the lion", boomer said. "I don't like talking to zoo animals", I said. "Why not?", boomer asked. "They make me sad. Some of them are sad because they're stuck in a caged enclosure. They'd rather be free in the wild", I said. "Aw.. Poor little guys", boomer said. Suddenly we stopped in front of two filing cabinets that held the employee records. "Hey! Here they are!", boomer said as he shined his flashlight at the filing cabinets. "Lets hurry up and look through them", I said as I walked over and opened a drawer. Boomer went over and opened the other drawer. We both began to look through them. Okay so here is the A section... B,C,D.. Here's E! Emily's name has to be here. Here's Ella.. Elisa, elka.. Emily! There is only two Emily folders. One of them has to be the Emily in America! "Hey boomer! i found the Emily's folders", i said. "Really? Cool!", boomer said as he walked over to me and shinned his flashlight down on the folders. "Okay the first Emily's name is Emily Powers", I said as I opened the folder. Boomer and I quickly looked over the information paper to see if it said any thing about her going to America. "Well I don't think she is the Emily were looking for", boomer said. "I think your right", I said as I handed the folder to boomer. "Okay who is next?", boomer asked as he put Emily Powers' folder back into the filing cabinet. "Next is Emily....", I started to say but trailed off. My eyes went wide as I seen her name. This couldn't be? This can't be right? "What's wrong Miya?", boomer asked as he noticed my shocked facial expression. "Emily Gotokuji...", I said. "What she has the same last name as you!?", boomer asked as he took the file from my hands. Boomer opened the file and began to read the information. "Hey Miya.. It says here she transferred over to America.. This is the Emily your parents was talking about", boomer said. "I wonder who she is? Why does she have the same last name that I do?", I asked. "I don't know", boomer said. Boomer quickly closed Emily's file then the filing cabinet drawer. "We will give this to your parents tomorrow and ask them", boomer said. "They better answer our questions now that we know her last name", I said. "Well if they still don't we could always call Emily. Her number and address is in this file", boomer said. "Good. At least we have a back up plan", I said.

The next day boomer and I walked into my fathers office. He was sitting at his desk filing out a paper as my mother stood next to his desk tapping her foot on the floor impatiently. "Good your both here", I said as boomer closed the door. "What are you two doing here?", mom asked. "Yes shouldn't you two be working?", dad asked. "We will get back to work after you tell us about this", boomer said as he dropped Emily's file onto my fathers desk. "What's that?", mom asked. "Let me see...", dad started to say but then trailed off. "Who is Emily gotokuji?", I asked. "You two found her file?!", dad asked. "Yes. It wasn't that hard to find", I said. "I told you she is none of your business", dad said. "Why does she have the same last name as us?", I asked. "And if you don't answer us.. We have her phone number. We could just call her", boomer said. Dad frowned as he looked up at my mom. She had an angry look on her face but she nodded her head. "Well Emily gotokuji.... Is our daughter... Emily is your sister, miyako", dad said. "What!?", boomer and I both asked in shock. "It's true", mom said. "I... I.. I have a sister?", I stuttered. "Yes.. We adopted her along time ago... We always thought it was best that you didn't know", mom said. I have an adopted sister?! Is she the reason why my parents stopped talking to me? "Why did you adopt a kid when you already had one who you gave up for your career!? If you two was capable of raising a kid and be able to do your work at the same time then why didn't you come back for miyako!? Why did you to just drop off the face of the earth and not talk to miyako for six years?!", boomer asked with an angry voice. "Because we wanted a kid! After I had miyako we decided we didn't want kids any more so we both had an operation done so we can't have any more kids.. So we had to adopt.. We wanted to start over and start fresh with a new kid", mom said. "So you just tossed miyako aside like she was nothing?!", boomer asked. "We came back for her!", dad said. "Yeah after you missed out on her growing up!", boomer said. "So!", dad said. "That wasn't fair to miyako!", boomer said. "Boomie", I said as I placed my hand onto his shoulder to help calm him down. I could tell boomer was furious with my parents. "Mom, dad I'm glad you two adopted a kid who needed a family but... You could of at least told me about her.. And you could of called me more often instead of avoiding me for six years!", I said. "Look we knew that one day we would have to tell you but we didn't realize how hard it was going to be", mom said. "Did grandma know?", I asked. "No... We never told her", dad said. "We couldn't tell her because we knew she would tell you", mom said. "So if you guys didn't want me to know about her then why did you offer me a job here?", I asked. "Well we wanted to make it up to you that we hadn't talked to you in so long. So when Emily left to run the American branch we decided to bring you here and take her job", mom said. "So I was just her replacement?", I asked. "No.. We wanted you here.. We wanted to tell you about her after she came back", dad said. "We didn't want you to find out this way... We wanted to tell you about her when she was here so that way you two could meet each other", mom said. "But still.. You shouldn't have kept that from her!", boomer said as he grabbed my hand and held it tightly. "Well... When is she coming back to Milan?", I asked. "In a few weeks", mom said. "Does... Does she know about me?", I asked. "No.. No she doesn't know about you", mom said. "So she is going to be just as surprised as I was", I said. "Don't you think she is going to be upset when she finds out? You kept a huge secret from her", boomer said. "Well we knew that could be a possibility but we figured both the girls would get over it once they met each other", dad said. "So if Emily used to work here then why have I never heard any employees talk about her?", I asked. "Well we gave every one a small raise to keep her a secret from you and boomer", dad said. "That's terrible! You should have just told me!", I said. "Look it was our decision! And we did what we thought was right!", mom said. "Yes.. So if you both would please just go get back to work. We will talk more about this as soon as Emily comes back", dad said. "Alright... But as soon as she gets here.. I want to meet her", I said as I walked over to the door. I opened the door and walked out with boomer. Boomer and I walked down the hall and into my office. I walked over and sat down at my desk while boomer closed the door. "Well.. How do you feel?", boomer asked. "Shocked... It's weird knowing I have a sister", I said. "Well... You've always wanted a sister", boomer said. "Yeah but I just wish they would have told me about her. Emily is going to be so surprised when she finds out", I said. "What do you think she will be like?", boomer asked. "Well.. My parents raised her so its hard to tell what she will be like", I said. "I bet she is a nice girl", boomer said as he sat down on my desk. "Maybe", I said. "I guess we will find out in a few weeks", boomer said as he grabbed my hand and held it tightly in his.