Forget It

CHAPTER 2

"We're home!" Lou called as we re-entered the house. She closed the umbrella, and we wiped our feet on the rug. It was 5 hours later, and we had just returned from our shopping-spree. To be honest, I had a lot of unexpected fun. We dropped our bags in the dining room, and walked to the family room to check on Lux. The boys were sprawled out on the couch, Lux sitting on Zayn's stomach, with Harry asleep on the other side. I snorted at the sight of them, which caught the attention of Zayn. He looked back, and I think he blushed. They were watching 'Sophia the First' on the TV, which just added to the comedy of it all. "Thank you so much!" Lou whispered to Zayn as she hoisted Lux off of his stomach. The rain outside had finally begun to slow down, and you could see the sun lowering slowly behind the trees if you stared hard enough.

Instead of hanging around I quickly shuffled up the stairs, and collapsed onto my bed.

I pulled out my i-phone. It was a depaurture gift from my parents. Not so much in a nice way, but more to soften the kick they jabbed into my ribs when they delivered the news I was no longer welcome under their roof.

I dusted the screen, feeling defeated. I had no one to text anyway. No one back home was worth my time, or intrest. If you really thought about it, the world was really a sad place. You are born, you complain, you eat, you die. Simple as that. I always wondered why people were put on the earth. The one legitamate andswer i came up with was to learn and improve the world. Not for themselves, but for the helpless crowd around them. For the people who are to clueless to do things themselves.

I guess it's harder to live when you have some responsibility whatsoever. I have nothing.

After about an hour of just me thinking on my bed, there was a small knock on the door. I don't know why I didn't get up to answer it. I guess I felt like whoever it was would be able to smell the shame in the air.

There was a sigh, and then whoever it was thumped back down the hallway.

I must have fell asleep sometime soon after that, because when I woke up, I was still in the same positon, i-phone in hand.

A flow of drool trickled down my neck, and I wiped it with the back of my hand.

Sitting up, I decided to go on downstairs.

..............

Still asleep on the couch was Harry, his back to me as he faced the tv. I held my breath, wheeled around and attempted to slip back out of the room unnoticed.

"Ariana?" He called turning around.

I stopped short. "Shoot."

"Yeah. It's me." I mumbled giving up, and walking back.

"How's you sleep?" Harry asked me.

I cocked my eyebrow. "Why do you care?"

His face deflated like a baloon, and then a look of anger came. "Look. I don't know what's wrong with you, or why you're here, so can you stop being so rude?"

"I don't care If you know why I was sent here, Harry." I snapped back.

He hesitated and then creased his forehead saying, "Then... why are you here?"

"What the heck Harry?" I squealed at him.

"What? You just said you don't care if I knew!" He stood up aruptubly.

"Rot in he-!" Aunt Lou entered the room just then, looking groggy. But noticing she disrupted our heated conversation, she quickly shuffled off to the kitchen.

"So?" He tried again, this time in a whisper, afraid that anything else might set me off.

Harry's POV:

"So?" I tried again in a whisper, afraid that anything else might set her off.

Ariana sighed, and for the first time since she got here her eyes soffene- just for a half-a-second, and a sad smile came upon her lips.

"Things went bad Harry." Her voice cracked when she said bad, and then, without another word, she bolted upstairs.

My stomach churned. There was so much pain in her eyes. Things went bad. What did that mean?