Chapter 10

Shawn's POV

We were walking through the forest when Jack suddenly stopped. We all stopped and listened for what he could hear. He had really good hearing. Must be because he is a future alpha.

" What is it?" I whispered to him.

" There is someone up ahead." He whispered back.

" I will go up ahead and take him out. You guys stay back here. Listen up and whistle if anything happens." James says and we nod. He runs up ahead very quietly and disappears into the woods. Jack is listening in to make sure everything goes okay. He gives me a thumbs up and we proceed ahead. We meet up with James and we walk to our checkpoint. This is the part of the plan where we split up into three groups. Jack goes with group one, I go with group two, and James with group three. We take out the people we see on the way to the house. We all meet up at the house and attack.

" Everyone be safe. If anything happens, call and we will come." James says. We all nod and head in different directions. Group two and I walk through the woods with our weapons and ready to turn if we need too. I hear something and I put my hand up to stop the warriors. They stop and we all bend down. I listen and I hear a growl. I turn to my left and see a wolf growling at us. I go to attack the wolf but then two more come out of no where. We are only a group of four. I fight one of the wolves but he is strong. I look back and one of my warriors is dead. I growl and turn. I fight with the one and kill him by biting into his neck and ripping a piece of his neck out. I go and help one of my other warriors. Eventually we manage to kill the other two. I look over at my dead warrior and howl. I look over at the other two and nod for us to move on. I don't want to leave him but we have to. We keep walking and we don't run into anymore wolves. We get to the house but we stay in the tree line until I know the others are where they are supposed to be. I turn back and throw on the clothes that I had in my bag. I wipe my mouth off with the back of my hand. I hear a whistle in the distance and that means team one is in position.

" Are you okay Jack?" I ask knowing that he will hear me.

" Yeah. We were attacked by four wolves. I lost two warriors. How about you?" He whispered.

" We were attacked by three wolves. I lost one. There are definitely more than six of them." I whisper.

" Yeah I know. I wonder how many are inside." He says. Suddenly we hear another whistle and that means team three is in position.

" Is he alright?" I ask Jack. He doesn't answer at first.

" Yeah he is fine. Three wolves attacked him. He lost two warriors." Jack said and I sighed in frustration. We haven't even gotten inside and we lost 5 warriors. We have 10 warriors left. Plus Jack, James, and I. Now we pull out our binoculars and look. I look around but don't see much. I open my connection back up with Alexis.

Alexis we are here. Do they know that we are here?

No they have no idea. As long as one of the wolves don't call, you should be good. Is everyone okay?

We lost five warriors on the way to the farm.

Are you okay?

Yeah I am fine. I didn't get hurt.

How about my father and Jack? Are they okay?

Yeah they are fine.

Okay good. Please stay safe!

We will. Tell me if anything happens.

Okay I will. I love you Shawn.

I love you too.