Chapter 1

I sat up and stretched. I let out a big yawn and looked over at my alarm clock. It was 7 am. I growled and covered my head with a pillow.

" I don't want to go to school today!" I yelled into my pillow. I took the pillow off my head and got out of bed to get ready. School starts at 8:30. I got dressed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. I brushed it out and then curled it. Once I was done, I grabbed my backpack and phone and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and it smelled amazing. My mom Tammy was over at the stove cooking and my other mom Emily was standing behind her with her arms around her waist.

" It smells amazing down here. What's for breakfast?" I asked my moms.

" Well good morning to you too." My sassy mom Tammy said. I laughed at her and rolled my eyes.

" Good morning moms." I said giving both of them a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I sat down in one of chairs around our huge sink.

" You never answered my question." I said raising an eyebrow. They both laughed and my mom Emily sat down in the chair next to mine.

" Bacon and eggs." She said with a smile.

" Yes! I love bacon!" I yelled. They both laughed at me and shook their heads. When Tammy was done, she put the food on three plates and we all ate together.

" So are you excited that your 17th birthday is coming up?" Emily asked me.

" Yeah I guess." I said.

" Well that sounded convincing. Turning 17 also means finding your mate. In a couple of weeks, you will have a meeting with a bunch of kids all looking to find their mate. Are you nervous about that?" Tammy asked.

" Yeah a bit I guess. Just nervous to find out who my mate is." I said with a sigh.

" That's normal sweetheart. I was nervous before I met your mom. I didn't know who was going to be my mate or if he/she would be nice but I had nothing to worry about. She is amazing." Emily said giving Tammy a kiss. I smiled at them and finished my breakfast. I put my plate in the sink and walked back over to my moms. I picked up my backpack and gave my moms a hug and kiss.

" Well hopefully he is as good as my moms. I will see you guys later. Have a good day." I said with a smile and a wave. I left my house and walked down the road to my school. I finally got to school and walked in and went to my locker. I grabbed my books and my friends Amber and Campbell ran up to me. Amber and Campbell have been my friends since we were 4.

" Hey Alexis." Amber said with a smile. They both hugged me.

" How are your moms?" Campbell asked with a smile.

" They're good. We were talking about mates this morning." I said with a sigh.

" Really? My parents talk about it too." Campbell said and Amber nodded her head in agreement.

" Hey freak." Julie said as she passed by with her friends laughing. Julie was the mean girl of the school who liked to bully and tease me since grade 3. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. She flicked her hair to the side and laughed.

" Don't listen to that witch. She never gives up." Amber said looking at Julie with disgust. Campbell just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

" I've learned a long time ago that it's best just to ignore her." I said with a sigh. I looked down the hall and saw Jack, the alpha's son walking down the hallway. He was the most popular kid in the school because he was the future alpha. I looked over at Campbell and Amber and they were staring at him. I rolled my eyes at them.

" Why do you guys always stare at him? He is not your mate, even if you guys wish he was. There is no point in staring at him every time." I said and shook my head. Amber rolled her eyes at me.