Chapter 14

We are in the motel room, in the bathroom, I'm having to cut Leo's hair because he wouldn't let anyone else touch it. Leo said" don't make me bald! Only an inch!" I said" okay, I'll cut it an inch! You big baby!" He whined, I cut it and inch, he said" ah!" I said" I cut it an inch!" He said" I know!" I heard dad and Sam laughing, Leo glared daggers at them, I said" it's okay? Leo." He smiled leaning into my side. I picked him up and carried him to the bed, I laid him down, laying down next to him, I sang" Never smile at a crocodile, No you can't get friendly with a crocodile, don't be taken in by his welcome grin, He's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin." Leo said" NEVER SMILE AT A CROCODILE!!!" I sang" Never smile at a crocodile
Never dip your hat and stop to talk awhile. Never run away, walk away, say good night, not good day." Leo screamed" NEVER SMILE AT A CROCODILE!!!" I heard dad and Sam laughing at us, I sang" Clear the aisle but never smile at mister crocodile." Leo was jumping over me on the bed, I said" come on, let's fly to never Neverland!" We started jumping back and forth on the bed jumping the gap between them. I sang" you're always gonna fly, just because you know you can. You're never gonna learn there's no such place as Neverland. You don't understand you'll never grow up, you're never gonna be a man. Yeah, you'll never grow up, and you're never gonna be a man." Leo screamed" IM NEVER GONNA BE A MAN!!! IM ALWAYS GONNA BE PETER PAN!!!" I said" yeah you are but peter pan needs his sleep." Leo said" okay!" He flopped down on the bed and crawled around, I laid down and he crawled to me and snuggled into my side. I whispered" I am a lost boy from Neverland, usually hanging out with Peter Pan." He fell asleep, dad said" are you sure your not...Sam help?" Sam said" I think he means are you sure you aren't an adult with a kids brain." I said" are both of you are adults with no brains?" Sam chuckled, dad said" I'm not gonna reply to that." I smiled, looking down at my little one, sleeping peacefully.