Chapter 4

The following day, I asked my mom where she was going but she just told me she was going to meet some old friend.

Gabriel and I met each other and we followed our parents. Right now, we were in a place where there were so many flowers.

                “They are already planning for their wedding,” I guessed. “We need to get closer so that we could hear them.”

                “Let’s hide at that corner,” Gabriel said.

                We hide and luckily we could hear what they were saying.

                “What do you think of this, Amy?” Gabriel’s dad asked my mom giving her a cute pink flower.

                “That’s so pretty. That will look lovely in the wedding,” my mom said happily. “And it smells good.”

                “That’s my mom’s favorite flower,” Gabriel said.

                I looked at him and he was staring at his dad. What does Gabriel’s feeling right now?

                We watched our parents went to shop after shop.

                “Do you think it is for the bouquet?” I asked Gabriel.

                “I don’t know,” he said eyeing his dad.

                What was he thinking right now? I’m so curious. I don’t know if he was mad or not? He looks so calm.

                After going to the different shops they went to restaurant to eat. Since Gabriel and I were hungry, we decided to eat too. We sat a little far from them so they can’t see us.

                “Can you see them?” I asked Gabriel.

                “Yes and I don’t want to think about them right now,” he said. “I’m really hungry.”

                I could hear my stomach growl. “Me too.”

                We ordered our food and after some minute, the food came.

                Gabriel was so hungry that he quickly ate his food.

                So, this was like a date. Me and Gabriel eating together. Stop it Alice! What were you thinking?

                “Are you alright?” Gabriel asked me.

                “Yeah,” I replied embarrassed. “Let’s eat.”

                “I already began,” he said smiling.

                That smile again. Why does his smile need to be so sweet? Then I noticed Gabriel looking at me I looked down at my food blushing.

                Come to think of it, I think Gabriel was really serious about breaking up our parents wedding.Was it because he really doesn’t want me to be his step sister?

Our parents went home after eating in the restaurant. Gabriel accompanied me home.

“Alice,” he said.

“Hmm?”

“Thank you for the wonderful time,” he said smiling at me.

I blushed.

“Even though we are just following our parents around. I really had a great time with you,” he said smiling. “Bye then.”

“Bye,” I said smiling back.

I immediately went to my room and changed. When my mom asked me where I went, I told her I went to Yvonne’s house. Sorry for lying mom, I thought.

My mom left my room and that made me think for a while. Sigh. I really don’t want my mom to get married. Actually, I do, but not with Gabriel’s dad. If I tell my mom about it, will she stop? And first of all, my mom wasn’t telling me about it. When will she tell me?

So I decided to talk to my mom. I went to her room but she wasn’t there. I noticed her laptop open and I looked at it. It was on Google and my mom searched the word ‘Best Honeymoon Spot’. They were already planning their honeymoon! I immediately went out before my mom could see me. I went back to my room and texted Gabriel and told him what I saw.

                He just said we still need to follow them on their dates.

                I was imagining what my life would be after our parents got married. Gabriel and I living in the same house. Oh no!