Chapter 4- NiGhTmArE

~DES POV~

"Clay!?" everything was pitch black and as I felt around my hand touched something warm and wet. Chills shot up my back and I felt nauseous, "C-Clay?" There was a low growling and I stood up and ran out of my room, nearly tripping down the stairs and ran into the living room.  

"What the hell?" I backed up fast when I thought I heard something and bummed someone. 

"Ugh!"  

"Hello?" 

"Desmond, what are you doing?" asked Connor's voice. 

"The light's are out." I said. 

"Yeah." He pulled out a lighter and lit some candles, "You look scared." I nodded.  

"I heard something upstairs." 

"Maybe it was just a nightmare." I nodded in the dim light but then the thought hit me. 

"Connor?" He looked at me. 

"Yeah?" 

"Why are you here?" 

"I'm dream walking." Huh? "It's when I can go into another person's dreams. Your dreaming." 

"Then get the fuck out!" Desmond turned towards the hallway where the growling was now coming from. 

"What is that?" Connor asked.  

"Heck if I should know!" 

"It's your dream Cousin. Not mine."  

"What should I do?" 

"Face your fears." he said bluntly. 

"What if my fears kill me?" 

"That shouldn't happen." 

"You sound like my father....ugh-fine." I walked towards the growling and saw a set of narrowed red eyes. I stepped closer and whatever it was jumped through me and I fell backwards. 

"Whoa..." 

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed holding my chest.  

"...It wasn't after you..." 

"Then who-Clay!?" I bolted back up towards the stair and just as my foot touched the first step the staircase stretched. I bolted up the stairs but I wasn't getting anywhere.  

"Wake up Desmond!" 

"I can't." There was a pain in my left arm as if someone was punching me over and over then the house was gone and is was all black.

"Des! Wake up!!" I bolted up right and saw Clay standing over me with a worried expression. 

"Oh thank God." I said but Clay hit me right in the shoulder. 

"Desmond..." he began, "Don't every do that again." 

"What did I do?" I asked with a perplexed expression. 

"You know about that school Abstergo?" I nodded, "Well it's not a school. It's really a lab." 

"For what-" 

"I'm getting to that." 

"In the past they would track down families that had relations to the Brotherhood...but now ever since The Farm was created they have been picking people off one by one...You disappear from school then show up back home...but your throw into a sort of coma...."  

"You thought-" our head bumped. 

"I won't let them get near you." he patted my head, "Kay, let's go. Your mom is making some pancakes for all of us." 

"You talked to her?" Clay nodded. 

"She said I can stay as long as I need to."  

"Good." I stood up and ran downstairs. Clay close behind me. 

"Hello boys."  

"Hey mom." 

"Aunt Maria." mom smiled. 

"Clay, how have you been?" 

"I've been okay...but I'd say I need some family guidance." She smiled and laughed half-heartedly.  

"You're better off asking your uncle." 

"Where are the other two?" Asked Clay. 

"Ah, Altair and Ezio?" He nodded.  

"Altair is totoring a friend of Desmond's and Ezio is laying on the couch behind you." 

"Ciao." he said sleepily. 

"Your lucky it's Saturday Ezio." I said. 

"Mom," Ezio said randomly. 

"What is it dear?" 

"Would it be ok if Leonardo came over?"  

"Of course." 

"Grazie."  

"Uh mom...?" I asked  

"Yes, Desmond?" 

"I was wondering, did Connor show up?" 

"What do you mean, dear?" 

"Like was he here at the house in the last 24 hours." she shook her head. 

"Why do you ask?" 

"No reason..." it was quiet for a while until the front door opened and dad called mom's name. 

"I'm back." he said and when he walked into the living room he met eyes with Clay as if they had an understanding. 

"Dad..." 

"Desmond?" 

"What's planned today? It's saturday...and all..." 

"Did you want to do something, Desmond?" I nodded. 

"Our family is together at the moment." Dad nodded. 

"Sure. We'll have a little party. You and your brothers can bring some friends but not too many." 

"You got it!" said Ezio as he pushed a button on his phone and within ten minutes all our phones were ringing, people asking about the party...this is going to crash and burn...and I'll be the one in trouble! Why did I have to talk about a party!?