Give Me A Chance

Ever since they came back from the enchanted forest Robin and Regina had been fighting and bickering. Regina couldn't stand the thief and everyone knew this. They never got along back in the enchanted forest and they sure as hell weren't getting along in the real world. That's until Robin took her by surprise. They had been fighting over something stupid, like they always were.

But before she could finish yelling at him he pushed her against the wall and crashed his lips on hers. He had been watching her lips move while she was talking, not even paying attention to what she was saying.
He had wanted to taste them for so long, he just couldn't resist.

They were at Granny's, in the back and no one was around so he took this opportunity and kissed her, thinking she would slap him or at least push him away, but she didn't.

His lips were seeking hers hungrily.
The minute his lips touched hers she let out a soft moan. For a moment she surrendered to his warm lips and parted hers so he could enter. She turned her head sideways so he could deepen the kiss. His tongue was devouring her mouth. When he pulled back to watch her reaction she groaned and pulled him back in.

After that day he would come to her house at night and she'd let him in. In her defense, she had needs and the thief wasn't really bad looking.

This had been going on for weeks now. He would never stay the night, she wouldn't let him. When she got up to take a shower it was his cue to go.
He wanted this to be more than sex, he really liked her. He knew she liked him too, she tried to hide it by bossing him around and trying not to care but he could see past all that. He saw Regina, not the Evil Queen. He saw how sad she was because Henry didn't remember her, how lonely she was in this big house.

She wasn't always this cold to him. One night he almost stayed the night. She was laying in his arms and they'd stayed up talking. Talking about Henry, about back when she was the evil queen, she even started talking about her first love Daniel. But as soon as she realized how close they were getting she pulled back and asked him to leave before she got in the shower.

But one night, it all changed. Sheriff Swan told everyone to stay inside that day because there was a really big storm coming. Robin couldn't stay away from her so he decided to go over to her house when it was still dry. As soon as he arrived it started raining and storming outside.

They'd had sex multiple times that night. He thought this time would be different until he watched her get up to take a shower, which normally would be his cue to go but with the storm outside he couldn't leave. He was stuck there until it passed.

"You know," he started, "I don't have to sleep here if you don't want me to, I could go sleep on the couch."
"Don't be silly, I have a guest room." She said with a smirk on her face. He let out a chuckle, "Well I guess that'll do."

When she walked back into the room with her nightgown on ready for bed she wasn't expecting him to still be there. He was sitting on the bed. He had put on his wife beater and his pants and was apparently waiting for her.

"Is there something you need?" She asked a bit annoyed. Walking to her mirror so she could finish getting ready for bed.
She could feel his eyes burning on her back but she was afraid to confront him, so she kept looking down. When she finally looked up she saw him standing behind her.
He was really close, she could feel his warm breath in her neck.

As much as she hated admitting it she liked it. She liked him being close to her but she also hated it. He knew the rules, he knew how this worked, no romance no relationship, just sex. But he was acting really nice lately, always wondering if she was okay or if he was hurting her. He was really trying to take care of her but she wouldn't let him.
She was being heartless and mean and she knew it but she didn't want him to see her, to see the real Regina. He had been around a lot lately and she couldn't deny the fact that she loves having him I around. She loves it when he touches her, when he plays with her hair. But she never lets him notice it.

She was trying to avoid eye contact, but as soon as she looked up her brown eyes met his, it was like she was paralyzed. She couldn't take her eyes off of him.

He placed his hands on her hips, pulling her in a little. She just stood there watching him watch her. Her heart was beating faster now. He pushed her hair aside to kiss her neck. "Robin, what-"
Before she could finish asking he turned her around so she was facing him.

She kept looking down, so he put his finger under her chin and lifted her face up so she could look in his eyes.
"Don't." She said and she brushed his hand off. "Why not?" He asked.
"You know the rules Robin, I.. I don't like this."

"Oh, but I think you do. I think you like it when I touch you, when I caress your face like this." His hand went up to her face and hers followed, placing her own on top of his.
"You just won't admit it to yourself."
His hand was warm. She leaned into his touch and closed her eyes.

With one hand on her cheek and the other on her hips he pulled her in a little closer. Their foreheads touched and their noses brushed against each other.

"What are you afraid of Regina?"
He pulled back to look her in the eyes.
She either didn't know what to answer or she didn't want to tell him because he felt her pull back a little. But the grip on her hips was firm so when she pulled back his other hand dropped from her face and landed on the other side of her hip.

"I like you, I really like you," he started, "and I think the feeling is mutual. Yet every time we get close, or a little intimate you pull away."

He was right, about everything. She did like him, a lot. So much that it scared her. The last time she had feelings like this was when she was a teenager and look how well that turned out. She was afraid to lose him too. She had tried so hard not to show her feelings, but somehow he knew.

"Love is weakness Robin," she started, "You and I both know I can't be weak, not in this town." She ran her fingers through her hair and let out a deep sigh.

"Whoever told you that lied. Love isn't weakness, it's strength Regina. Love is beautiful. You know the feeling, you've been in love before. You've felt it."
His hand left her right hip and went up to her face. Caressing her cheek with his thumb.
"Please stop pushing me away, give me a chance to show you how beautiful love can be."

"Because I love you Regina."

She could see in his eyes that he meant it.
I love you too she thought, but she was afraid to tell him that. It would make it all real, she wasn't sure if she was ready for that yet.
Instead she took his hand and walked them to the bed. "Come lay with me."

She got in the bed and he followed. He was laying on his back and she crawled up against him, laying on her side. "Just hold me," she whispered. She wanted to be as close as possible. Her head rested on his chest and her hand was on his stomach.

"Are you tired love?" He asked.

"No, I just want to lay here with you." She replied, feeling her cheeks flush. He couldn't help but smile. "Is this a yes? Are you giving me a chance?"

Silence took over the room, until she lifted her head, placed her hands on his chest and put her chin on top of her hand.
Softly she whispered, "I love you too," pushed herself up a little to give him a kiss. Her warm lips met his and he returned the kiss softly. Robin pulled her to him, kissing her passionately. She ended the kiss by slowly kissing his lower lip. She slid back down under the covers and laid in his arms.

His warm lips brushed her forehead. And in this moment Robin thought he was the happiest man alive. No he knew, the outlaw knew that he was the happiest man alive.