Chapter 8

"Cheers!" Nadia exclaimed and clicked our shot glasses filled with tequila.

Yes, I am drinking underage, oh no. Nadia and Lizeth wanted to help me ease my mind from the whole dumb Nate situation and while I requested ice cream and sappy movies, they insisted on getting me drunk. Great friends, right?

I licked a dash of salt off my palm, chugged the bitter liquid down, and sucked the crap out of the lime Lizeth handed me.

"How was it?" Nadia asked, refilling her glass.

"It tastes like paint thinner, except worse." I stated and Nadia snorted while gulping down another shot.

It being the first time I've ever drank, my head instantly buzzed. Only one shot later and I was drunk.
For a change, I felt good and happy. We laughed and joked, acted goofy, and were just really happy. That's probably not a good sign but I can promise I won't be drinking again until I'm twenty-one. Since it is illegal but mainly because of the unbearable pain that follows the next morning.

I was stupidly convinced by Nadia and Lizeth to do another round of shots which bit me in the ass the next morning. When I woke up, I had the absolute worst headache you could ever imagine. I headed to kitchen, moaning and groaning, because my head pounded after every step and downed three pills of Advil dry. Following more moaning and groaning, I went to check my phone and gasped because of the sudden light coming from the screen. I guess last night I had changed my wallpaper because it is now a very bright ray of sun with a big smiley face plastered in the middle. Well, now I know how I act when I'm drunk: stupid. I was also surprised by the many text messages left by Nate. I don't remember texting him and gosh I hope I didn't say anything too embarrassing. Just my luck though, I did.

I scrolled all the way up, starting to read our text messages.

Me: Hiiiiii(and lots of random emojis)

Nate: Heyy, what's up with the emojis haha

Me: Idk, I jyst like emoko/.

Me: Oopsy, I meant emojis.

Me: Emokos? Jajajajajajaja

Me: Crap!.>! I meant haha I am not Spanish

Me: Well I kinda am kidna Spanglish.

Nate: Are you okay?

Me: Handy dandy! WHy?

Me: what are you doing???

Nate: I just finished a show..are you sure you're okay?

Me: Shiw?? Like a talent show?,.

Nate: Shower haha..I finished a shower.

Me: OMG I'm so sad my hamster died.

Nate: What? It died? Right now?

Me: No 7 years ago but it's Sso sad!'

Me: Omg lzieth just swallowed toosthpathe so she her breath wouldn't smell like alcohaoll!! LOL!!;

Me: My thumbs are really big for this ohone and I 5.got how to spill,.

Nate: Love, I can't really understand you. You've been drinking I see. Maybe you should head to bed.

"How the hell is so caring? God, I would've told myself to fuck off." I mumbled to myself and rolled onto my stomach, continuing to read the messages.

Me: Noooo! WeE'Re starting 2 . e.rewatch Suth Park!

Nate: Drink loads of water and juice tomorrow morning, eat light, and drink a glass of water with baking soda if you feel nauseous.

Me: U R so annoyjng (sad face emojis)

Nate: Thank you.

Half an hour later from that previous message, he double texted, ooh.

Nate: Hey

Nate: Alayna, is everything okay?

Nate: Alayna?

Nate: You're probably sleeping sorry.

Nate: Goodnight love. Good luck with your hangover tomorrow.

I slightly chuckled and took a big gulp from the water bottle I had sitting on my nightstand. I reread all the things he told me to do and sighed.

"Just show me how you look like!" I yelled at my phone, directing Nate, and sighed again. I threw it across my room out of frustration and it made a very loud noise, making my head pound even more.

"Why am I so psycho?" I mumbled to myself and pick up my phone. "And why am I talking to myself so damn much?"

I sat down at my desk and opened my laptop, remembering to put down the brightness. I stared at the empty screen for a few moments until I finally ended up on Catfished the TV Show's Facebook page.

--

Oh shit. Hope everyone liked this chapter. Love you all!