Chapter 13

Chapter thirteen

We're gonna break it down in just a few seconds here
Don't make me break it down for nothing
I wanna see ya all on your alls baddest behaviour

I say lend me some sugar
I am your neighbour

Hey ya – Obadiah Parker ---- >>>> song on the side
(not entirely sure, if those lyrics really match anything in the chapter haha)

**********************************************************************************

Oh man, what the hell am I supposed to wear?!

It was quarter to nine already. I was freshly showered and had been standing at the mouth of my wardrobe for the last fifteen minutes staring blankly at the different clothes hanging on their hangers. I moaned and groaned in my head, I hated being a woman sometimes! It was confusing to think up an outfit for a date when there were so many possibilities.

I sighed and shook my head. Ray had seen me during my worst and I was running out of time already. I walked in and searched through my clothes and was surprised when I saw a dress I hadn’t seen in a while. It was a light green dress with a pink floral pattern covering it. The back of the dress hung low while the front was cut just below mid thigh and came with its own pink belt. I recalled buying it on impulse just because it was so adorable in the store but hadn’t had actually had the chance to wear it.

I quickly pulled it on and grabbed my white shawl to fend off the wind from the beach and tied my hair up in a messy bun letting a few wavy tendrils fall about my face. I didn’t bother with makeup, I never usually did, and decided to forego wearing shoes. With a quick glance at the clock I saw it was already nine and I was running late, so with one last glance in the mirror and no time to change I dashed outside locking the door behind me.

I kept an eye open for Ray but there was no need. He was on the beach just below my house and looked breath taking in beige pants rolled up and a white linen shirt that was left open showing me his impressive chest. His smile widened when he saw me and his dimples made an appearance. I could’ve melted right there. I carefully made my way down to him and once I was within reach he held a hand out for mine and kissed the back of my hand.

“Hey Beauty” he straightened up and spun me around catching me by surprise, “Beautiful just doesn’t compare to how you look”

I blushed and bit my lip shoving him playfully with my shoulder, “Stop it, Ray, you’ll make my ears bleed if you spoil me with compliments like that”

“They’re facts Seychelles” Hesitated for a moment before leaning down and pecking me on the corner of my mouth. “Come on... I have a surprise for you”

He tucked my arm in the crook of his and together we walked barefoot across the soft sand. It was a clear night. Not even a cloud dared to mar the star filled sky tonight. One of the pros to living in a small beach town was that at night time there wasn’t enough lights to disturb how wondrous the sky was. Most people never got to see how many stars there actually were and how they glittered like diamonds against the velvety sky. Tonight, because there were no clouds, and the waves were still nonexistent, the sky seemed even larger since it was reflected perfectly across the ocean.

The moon was a pale silver crescent and watched down on us silently as we walked in silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence at all either, it was a comfortable hush that fell over two people who felt at ease around each other. I breathed in the chilly salted air as it kissed at my face and exposed skin and wondered where he was taking us.

The warmth from his large body stretched out and warmed my left side as we walked and I couldn’t help but walk closer to him seeking more of his heat. He began to slow down and stopped, seemingly nowhere interesting. He let go of my arm, leaving me feeling cold once again, and walked over to the bushes pushing them aside to reveal the hidden path I forgot all about.