Chapter 11

Chapter eleven

[Seychelle’s POV]

His lips were gentle as they slowly pried mine apart. His warm lips shot heated bolts of electricity from my lips and down my body. It made my heart stutter and warmth pool in my lower stomach as my toes curled once our breaths mixed together. The moment his tongue pushed past the boundaries of our lips and licked mine my hand shot up to his shoulders for support. How long had I known Ray for? Not that long... and yet one stroke of his tongue and I lost the ability to stand on my own two legs.

He wound his arms around my waist and pulled me hard against him. Every muscle of our fronts were touching and my neck had begun to strain from looking up. Suddenly he scooped me up and crashed us against the wall while my legs took a mind of their own and wound around his trim hips. A knot of tension was growing low in my stomach and my whole body jerked as he ground his hardness against me.

My eyes suddenly flew open.

What happened? I sat up quickly making the bed sheet fall from my shoulders and quickly scanned my surroundings. How did I get home? Where was Ray? It suddenly dawned on me that I was dreaming of kissing Ray... it wasn’t real. I groaned in frustration and fell back into my soft bed. It felt so real! I was so sure I kissed him last night!

“Ergh... My mind is playing tricks on me” I mumbled to myself. I shivered slightly when the wind from outside blew around the house and stretched like a cat hearing my back crack. I noticed I was still wearing my sundress and as I stood  up from my bed I tugged the straps over my shoulders and let it fall to the ground.  I felt a little cramped and restless after my dream so I donned a plain black bikini and a surfboard before heading back down to the beach.

As I walked down the sandy dunes my eyes scanned the remnants of last night’s bonfire. I couldn’t help the smile that pulled at my lips as I remembered the events. Laughing and hanging out with Ray felt so easy, almost as though we’d known each other for years instead of a few weeks. The pile of burnt black wood sat on the sand and I knew later on it would be cleaned up. No one liked a dirty looking beach.

The sun was peeking out of the cracks from the cloudy sky giving off a purplish-grey hue to the clouds and I didn’t hesitate to run into the cold water and splash through the waves before throwing my board down and paddling out deeper. This was what I lived for, the open ocean and nothing but freedom. Obviously the reality of hard work, bills and a broken house came rushing back as soon as I stepped back onto the shore but out here... out here I could let go of all my problems and concentrate on nothing but the lapping of waves and the wind kissing my face.

There was a lack of waves this morning so I settled for lying on my back on the board as I stared at the seagulls squawking above me just letting the water rock me gently. “It’s quite nice out here when I’m not rescuing unconscious beauties” a deep, familiar voice spoke from beside me.

I smiled and then blushed as the memories of last night’s dream came rushing back. “Good morning Beast” I smiled not looking at him.

“A very good morning Beauty” he chuckled. Finally looking over to him my breath hitched when I realised his face was just beside my board and his eyes were watching me intensely. Oh how I wish last night’s kiss was real! He swam a little closer and placed his forearms on my board, resting his chin on top, “Last night was fun”

I blushed, “Yeah definitely. I think I fell asleep at the beach or something... I woke up this morning with no idea how I ended up in my bed” I frowned, “Did you bring me home Ray?”

“Yeah, I did” he suddenly looked uncomfortable, “You don’t regret last night do you?”

I thought about it for a second. Last night... oh! The fight! “Regret last night? I’m pretty sure those kids deserved getting a little beating considering their attitude” I shrugged my shoulders, “Plus it was kind of hot seeing the angry side of yours”