Chapter 9

Mrs Jung smiled widely as she walked towards us. "Well, hello there children," she spoke.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Jung," Taehyung and I chorused together and bowed, greeting our used-to-be Math teacher. Well, the teacher that used to often send us to detentions.

"I see, you guys are a couple now," she said, with a creepy smile as she scrutinised our matching outfits.

Taehyung and I exchanged glances then stood distant from each other, awkward. "Are you guys dating?" Mrs Jung asked.

Taehyung slightly chuckled. "Dating?" He paused to look at me, "We're married."

I instantly looked up at him, giving him a 'Are you serious?' look. Why'd he need to tell Mrs Jung about it? Ignoring me being all uneasy, he came closer towards me and then slid his arm around my shoulder.

Sweet, my face turned like the colour of tomatoes.

"Oh my," Mrs Jung rather surprised, "We've got alot of catching up to do, don't we?"

I gulped. "It's okay Mrs Jung I think we gotta-"

"Oh come on," she interrupted me, "Let's go to where you both used to belong."

Taehyung and I gave her a confused look.

"Well I mean, the detention room."

Mrs Jung then walked before us, heading to the detention room. We both stood frozen, staring at her back, before we both looked at each other. I slapped Taehyung's arm away and he finally let go of my shoulder.

"Crazy," I muttered under my breath and followed after Mrs Jung.

We three entered the detention room. I could picture so many memories of me in the room, eventhough detention wasn't supposed to be fun. I guess I've shared many memories with Taehyung.

We sat at one of the desks, and Mrs Jung started talking. "Married? Do you guys plan to get children? When did you get married? Where was your honeymoon trip at?"

We both just sat still infront of her, not sure how to answer her questions. We ended up awkwardly laughing.

"Alright alright, sorry for being too curious," she said, "But look at you both, I still remember you fought everyday in class, now you're actually married!"

I awkwardly smiled again, absentmindedly playing with the ring on my finger. If only she knows the truth behind this marriage.

"I'll just leave you two right here. I've got a class right now, see you again soon," Mrs Jung said and got up, leaving the detention room.

I sighed and then turned to Taehyung. "Sorry," he suddenly apologised to me and I got puzzled.

"Why'd you apologise?" I asked.

"I know, this whole pretend marriage is making you feel uneasy. You've gotta pretend you're happy being my wife, you've gotta pretend you actually married me for love, but its all just for show. I put you into all these trouble, so I'm just sorry."

I pursed my lips, feeling a little bad at him being so thoughtful. "It's okay. Don't apologise to me, it feels weird," I said, and he slightly chuckled.

"Yah, it feels like we're doing detention once again," Taehyung said, scanning his eyes around the room, "Nothing's changed."

I nodded. Just then, I caught sight of something, and I smirked. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from bursting into evil laughter. "Um, Taehyung? I actually got a present for you, but you've gotta close your eyes."