Chapter 1

"Hyejin, you're going back to Korea with me," My mom said and I gave her an annoyed expression. I rolled my eyes and stomped off, heading into my room and slammed the door behind me.

I sat on my bed and sighed heavily. Many things have changed for the past few years.

After I have graduated high school in Seoul, then my parents forced me to stay with them in the U.S again. I even graduated university and now I'm on a break before I'll start searching for a job.

Just when I'm already used to staying here in the U.S, my parents got a divorce because of some stupid argument. I'm staying with my mom, and now she's telling me we're moving back to Seoul. It's tiring for me to keep moving.

But still, I started packing my stuff because I could never go against my mom, or in the end I'll be in trouble.

***
A week after, I landed in Seoul safely.

I dragged my heavy luggage, finding the taxi stand. "Eomma hurry!" I called for my mom whom was far behind me, struggling to carry all her bags with two hands.

We finally took a cab and headed to our new home. I looked out of the window at the familiar streets we drove by.

Minutes later we reached our new home. I looked around the neighbourhood which was quite familiar to me. "This isn't far from our old home, right?" I asked my mom.

My mom nodded as she unlocked the gate. We both entered the house and the place wasn't so bad. I didn't have much thoughts at it, probably because I was too used to moving into a new house almost every year.

I went up to my room and unpacked some stuff, before I decided to head out of the house to get some fresh air.

Nothing much have changed. I smiled as I shuffled along the streets. Suddenly, I received a text on my phone. I dug out my phone from my pocket, and read the text while walking.

'Hyejin ah, hurry come home, I cooked something for us to eat.' -Eomma

I tried to reply to her text whilst still walking, unaware of anything infront of me.

Suddenly, right after I sent my message, someone bumped into me, causing me to drop my phone. I gasped and quickly picked up my phone, only to see a huge crack on the screen. I frowned and shouted at the person, "YAH AHJUSS-"

I was cut off when I realised his face was very familiar. He blankly stared at me, and I stared back at him.

Wait... isn't he...?

His eyes whispered 'Haven't we met?'.
"Lee Hyejin?" He called me, and I had sudden flashbacks of us.

I gulped, "K-Kim Taehyung?"

We stared at each other for a few more moments, before he suddenly smacked my head, "Yahh... Pabo Hyejin, it's been long huh."

I shot a glare at him and rubbed my head, "Yah Kim Taehyung, you never changed!"

He chuckled, "Wahh, you've got more prettier now. Wanna have coffee with me?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "How casual of you to have coffee with me right after you bumped into me and now I have a huge crack on my phone screen!" I snapped.

"Aish, you're so noisy," he said and put his hand around my shoulder, dragging me away to the cafe nearby.

***
I sipped my coffee and stared at Taehyung through the hot steam. I put down the cup of coffee on the table and looked up at him. "So you're working already?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied, "I'm working under my dad's company, you know, the business stuff."

"Ahh..." I replied and looked away. I was unsure of how to keep a conversation going between us - it's been long since we met.