Chapter Nineteen - The Search.

Sasuke sighed, "I'm not marrying Karin."

"We had an agreement that you would marry Karin if you didn't pick someone at the ball." Fugaku let out a deeper sigh just to irritate Sasuke.

"And I have chosen. I chose Sakura." Sasuke said simply. He would definitely marry Sakura, he didn't know her reasons for running but it looked like she didn't want to leave. So he wasn't going to give up on finding her.

Itachi who was sat across from him rested his chin on his hands that were clasped "even if you have chosen this mysterious woman the whole Kingdom is talking about, we don't know where she is so we can't find her, she ran off leaving you so maybe she didn't want to marry you." But Itachi was interested with this Sakura, she seemed like a kind woman who would be a caring queen.

Sasuke rolled his eyes "I didn't ask her."

"I think we should give him more time." Mikoto said "to find that lovely woman, Fugaku even you must have noticed how perfect they looked together, that look in Sasuke's eyes, love. I just know it! We should find her."

Sasuke's eye twitched slightly, his Mother got a little carried away with the situation. The whole night after she left and this morning she rambled about how beautiful Sakura looked and how she would be a perfect Queen. At least Sasuke had his Mother's blessing. But he was by no means in love with her he barely knew- well at the moment.

But his Father wasn't so patient.

"I have a suggestion." Shikamaru stood behind Sasuke, he was Naruto's adviser but also helped Sasuke out whenever he was in the Kingdom. Shikamaru didn't see the woman he was dancing with, he was otherwise occupied, but when he heard she had pink hair he knew it was Sakura. He knew Sakura from when they were children, not greatly but she was best friends with Ino. But he didn't know where she lived either.

Choji had left to go look for Neji and Naruto, they still hadn't returned, Shikamaru would have gone but he was acting as an adviser for Sasuke for a while. Sasuke wasn't allowed to leave because the wife situation still wasn't resolved but he was still worried for Neji and his dobe friend.

Mikoto smiled "of course." Her eye twinkled slightly, if he had an idea it would make Fugaku agree.

"You still have her shoe right?" Shikamaru asked Sasuke a hand in his pocket, his back slightly slouched over.

"Yeah."

Shikamaru nodded "I say we go around the Kingdom with the shoe and try the shoe on women, whoever fits their foot in the shoe will marry you."

Sasuke gave an incredulous look, "that's ridiculous, what if a woman has the same shoe size as her?"

"Do you think there will be another woman in the Kingdom with pink hair and the same shoe size as Sakura?"

He weighed his options, it was a fair point, honestly he thought it was a dumb decision, why didn't they just look for a woman with pink hair? But still, he sighed and nodded in agreement "fine." He did look at the shoe after she left, it looked very well fit for her shoes, exact curves to fit someone's shoe, it may only fit her comfortably.

"Anyway, if it fits another woman that isn't Sakura you would know." Shikamaru shrugged.

Fugaku sighed "I'm giving you until the end of the day, remember tomorrow we ride to Corona for the lanterns ceremony." The Uchiha family always went to Corona for the missing Princess, and apparently Fugaku had some business to discuss with Inoichi.

"Thank you." Sasuke replied a small smile forming on his lips.

He would find Sakura.

-