Chapter Five - Prince Sasuke.

Sasuke sighed prodding the food on the china plate with his silver fork "this is ridiculous."

"It isn't. We have been lenient, you are twenty now son." Fugaku sat down at the table. Family breakfast. "Your mother and I will have to step down soon, so you need a Queen."

"I don't need to attend a stupid ball to find a wife." He knew he was acting like a spoiled brat but a ball was ridiculous.

"No we don't want to give you an arranged marriage." Mikoto smiled "this is good for you to pick someone you want. You should be happy you're not getting an arranged marriage." His mother was wearing a purple dress today.

"I am happy about that. But I don't want to go to a ball." Sasuke sighed leaning back in his chair looking at the cooked duck. It sounded delicious but was distasteful, apparently Choji wasn't in today so it made sense why.

Itachi, who sat across from him looked amused at his little brother "you should do it. You haven't been to a ball in a while."

Sasuke shrugged "what does that matter."

"You will go." Fugaku ordered "you are my son, the prince and you will find a Queen." He gave Sasuke a stern look, if Sasuke continued refusing a ball his father would probably whip out the 'King's orders' card against him.

Sasuke nodded "and I will for the sake of the kingdom, but I don't see the point in a ball." Honestly he believed he could rule the Kingdom without a Queen, they would end up getting in his way and annoying him.

"To have some fun." Fugaku replied "to find a wife and to have her for the first dance. You can choose any woman, you don't need more power with an arranged marriage. You could marry a country girl and it wouldn't matter." It was true, they were a powerful Kingdom who didn't need arranged marriages to grow even more.

Sasuke raised a brow, he doubted he would marry a country girl. He pushed his plate aside standing up "excuse me." He bowed his head then left the large room with tapestry's hung up in every corner, his boots on the smooth purple carpet.

Mikoto called "oh don't forget there's the lantern event soon!"

He pushed open the white doors nodding at the two guards then closing them over. He sighed. The lanterns was done every year, for the missing princess of Corona. Apparently some old lady snatched her away. He recalled her name was Ino, Yamanaka's ruled Corona, from what he knew she used to be friends with Shikamaru and Choji.

You see, the Queen of Corona was pregnant with Ino- but then she became gravely sick. On the verge of death, so the Kingdom citizens looked for a miracle of sorts. And that miracle was a golden flower, the old woman used this to keep her young however, and hid it from everyone. But then one night a guard came across the golden flower. So the Queen was saved as the flower was liquidized then she drank it and they had a baby girl with beautiful golden hair.

But then the new Princess was stolen by the old lady never to be seen again.

So of course the Uchiha kingdom would attend to set off lanterns. Other royal families would be there to pay their respects and hope for her return.

"Loser face!"

Like the Uzumaki royal family.

Sasuke crinkled his nose and raised his head to see his friend Naruto walking towards him, his orange cape behind his back, Sasuke wasn't fond of orange. It was the represented colour for the kingdom Naruto lived in, and Naruto was the prince of that kingdom- also known as the Sunshine Kingdom. It was a neighboring land who were allies with his, Naruto always came round to visit Sasuke for hunting trips or just to talk.