Chapter Two - The Pink Haired Servant.

"Scrub the floors!"

"Get me something for my complexion! That means skin by the way forehead!" A snort.

"Bring me my breakfast now wretch!"

"Make tea!" A shriek.

Constant orders. Constant nagging. Constant insults.

Sakura was bent down on the checkered marble floor on all fours. She scrubbed down on an irritating black shoe scuff that was on a white square. It was slowly but surely fading away becoming more of a light grey colour. The scuff was always removed by her by the end of the day, then the next re-appeared the next day.

She hummed a tune while scrubbing some small bubbles even appearing from the lather, they floated up then was hit by the slight breeze from the cracked window popping. Her dirty blue dress was within the lather, the corset hugged her body nicely.

It was a tune her mother used to sing her to sleep at night,

Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found

Yeah I think that I might break

Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend, hold me

Wrap me up, unfold me

I am small and needy

Warm me up and breathe me

It was a sad song, but as a child any song her mother sang sounded like a happy song- but now grown up she understood it. Still, to her it was a special song. Honestly her mother wasn't the most beautiful singer she had a rather raspy voice. But she always sang for her anyway, and Sakura loved hearing her soothing voice. Well she hadn't heard it in years now.

Sakura heard shoes clicking on the marble floor. She placed the brush in the wooden bucket restraining from dumping it and stood up wiping her dirty apron. She bowed her head to her step-mother. "Good morning step-mother."

She let out a slight scoff and stopped before Sakura. She was wearing an envy green dress with black swirls on the skirts. Her grey hair twisted up in a tight bun. "The tea was cold." Sakura looked at step-mothers black shoes, the black that could easily scuff the floor...

"Would you like me to make you another cup?" Sakura smiled. Not a real smile of course. Her step-mother was a cruel one. She wouldn't be surprised if her step-mother realized the smile she wore was actually a smile that said 'I'm going to strangle you in your sleep.' She always thought about the many ways of killing her step-mother, that was her mother's temper kicking in.

"Yes. Quickly too Kin, Tayuya and I are going out for some new dresses."

More dresses. While her father who had been on a travelling trip as a merchant for ten years working hard for money they were throwing his worked money for poofy, extravagant, ugly dresses. "Of course." Sakura nodded. She peered at her step-mother, she could lunge just now grab her head then bring up her knee crushing her windpipe...

But Sakura was no killer. But she did enjoy punching things.

She picked up the bucket and quickly walked along to the kitchen. Sakura didn't have any shoes, she couldn't afford them and step-mother wouldn't buy any for her.  Sitting the bucket down in the small kitchen she put a pot filled with water on the stove. The fire was scorching with embers and ash sprinkling out on the floor.

"Make three cups!" Step-mother called.

Of course. Three. None for her.

Sakura rather roughly slammed down the cups, just be kind. That was what her father taught her, kindness is important. But she couldn't help it sometime's she caught her mothers short temper. But when that temper came out even a slight retort or maybe a small snort. It would lead to something like the purple bruise under her eye.