Chapter 2

"Hey," I said. "4 on the left, 6 on the right."

"New York or Kiev?" he asked. New York he took the bigger number. Kiev I did.

"New York," I said, nodding. "Been a while since I bounced off your shield."

"Yeah, because last time you did, you broke your arm," he said.

"Yeah, but that was because I hit the guy wrong," I told him. "Thought he'd be heavier."

Steve frowned, but nodded. We split up, him going right, I teleporting to the guy farthest from me. I pulled out a taser and tased him in the throat. I needed to talk to Tony about getting me some knives that tased and stabbed people. That'd be great.

Continuing, I went to next one tazing them. One dodged me, and tripped me. Cursing, I flipped back up, pulling out a knife. My taser had slid across the deck.

"I was going to let you live, too," I said, and fought him. When he was finally down, another guy hit my back. I felt a sting in my shoulder. I pulled out another knife, threw it at the one who shot me. Finally when I was done, I headed over to Steve, bounced off his shield, into another guy. I pushed the knives into his chest, and pushed off of him, letting the body fall.

"You okay?" Steve asked me.

"Yeah, I'm good," I told him, fingering the hole in my suit, by my shoulder, frowning. "This was one of my new ones," I groaned, snagging my tazer.

He chuckled. Suddenly a shot rung out behind us and we turned to see Rumlow glowering above our heads. I looked over and saw a guy fall over the railing. Sighing, I turned back to him.

"Thank you," Steve and I said. He nodded once.

"Yeah, you seemed pretty helpless without me," Rumlow said.

We started walking to the points we needed to go.

"Secure the engine room, Jay," Steve said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I said, rolling my eyes at Steve hooking a grappling hook to the railing so I could repel down to the engine room. "Kick Bartoc's ass for me."

I looked back as I hopped over the railing and saw Steve shake his head, smiling, and I grinned.

***

"Hey, sailor," I said as I snuck up behind one of the pirates. This time it was easier to use non-lethal force, because there were so many nice pipes to hit heads off of. I grappled down to the engine level, taking out Mercs one by one.

"Jay, what's your status?" Steve asked.

I was trying to sneak up on two guys, so I didn't answer.

"Jay, status," Steve said.

"Hang on," I shouted, and jumped on the one guy, tazing him, then taking the other down, knocking him out with a loose pipe. Another ran into the room, and we fought hand to hand, until finally I got a hold on him, and flipped him over my shoulders like Natasha taught me.

"Engine room secure," I said, and finished the last guy by hitting him with a loose pipe.

I closed my eyes and teleported to the computer room Fury had given me pictures of. Once I was there, I got to work, plugging the flash drive in and hacking in to download the files that Fury wanted.

Sighing, I tried to ignore the guilt. I debated whether to tell him at all. I figured I should.

Then, the choice was made for me. Steve and Bartoc tumbled in, breaking the door. I lifted a brow, but kept working. Steve punched him, knocking him out.