Chapter 3

Tasha and I lead Steve and Banner down the hall to the bridge, quietly arguing.

            "I have as much right to know as anyone else," I whispered to Tasha. "It's not just some psychopath, is it?"

            "Jay, stop digging," she told me. "If Fury wants you to know, he'll tell you."

            I snorted. "And leave 90% of the information out of it."

            She tilted her head and smirked. "Probably. Trust me; you do not want to watch that video, Jay."

            I frowned, and caught the glint in her eyes. I nodded.

            "Fine, but I still want to know exactly what we're dealing with," I told her.

            She sighed. "Your fight with Fury," she told me.

            "Like I haven't a million times before," I told her.

            When we walked on the bridge, Tasha and I stayed back by the conference table, while Steve and Banner walked around, amazed. Steve looked star struck. I wandered over by him.

            "Pretty cool, right," I told him.

            "Yeah," he said, smiling. Hill was running around, giving orders. Her brown hair was up in its normal ponytail, and she wore a SHIELD suit that was identical to every other agents.

            I waited until she came back over.

            "Hill, you still mad at me?" I asked her. She turned and pinned me with a glare.

            "I still don't know why after 11 years you still think you can pickpocket me," she said.

            "Because one day I will," I told her, winking. She smirked.

            "That's the day hell freezes over," she told me and went back to yelling orders.

            "Love you, Hill!" I shouted, which got me a smack to the back of the head from Coulson. "Ow!"

            "Cut it out, Jay," he told me.

            I sighed. "It's this or moping around. Which Jay do you really want to deal with?"

            "At least when you mope, you're silent," he said, smirking and walking back to the table.

            "Is it always like this?" Steve asked.

            "The gadgets, or me acting like a 12 year old?" I asked him.

            "Both," he said. I shrugged.

            "I've known Hill, Coulson, Fury, and many of these agents since I was 10," I told him. "Hell, I'm pretty sure Fury and Coulson still think I'm 12. And just as time moves on, Technology moves on."

            "Good, let's vanish," Fury said from behind us. He must have just gotten there. He bald, and had an eye patch that rested over his left eye. He could still glare you down, though, like he was right now. "Jay, are you causing disruptions already?"

            "Of course," I told him, grinning. "It's part of my job description. I have to live up to the Barton name, Fury."

            Fury shook his head, and walked over to Bruce.