Chapter 2

(A/N: Sorry guys, I've been dealing with Final Exams, I'll try to get back to updating to every day. Thank you much!

~S)

            It took me a long time, a really long time, but I finally drifted off to sleep around 3 am.

            When my alarm went off, I groaned. I blindly slapped at it, hoping I hit the snooze button. As it did every morning, it fell off the stand, and blared louder. Cursing, I moved, and reached down to grab it. Blinking, and rubbing my eyes with my empty hand, I looked at the time. It was 6:30.

            "Shit!" I shouted and slammed the alarm off, and jumped out of bed. I took a quick shower, taking 5 minutes (all the while thanking God I had listened to Tasha and cut my dark brown hair to just above my shoulders) and jumped out. I brushed my teeth while I went through my closet with my powers. Finally I pulled out my favorite black leather jacket, a Flash t-shirt, and a pair of light blue skinny jeans, and carefully dropped them on the bed. I finished my teeth, and changed quickly. I grabbed my phone and wallet off the counter, while I slipped on my black converse by the door, and teleported to the hallway outside of Steve's apartment.

            I checked the time, seeing I had ten minutes to get him to the tarmac, or Coulson and Fury would have my ass. Again.

 I knocked on the door.

            "Just a sec," someone shouted from inside. Steve opened the door in his normal tan khakis, gray and black checkered shirt and tan leather jacket. He had loafers on as well.

            "You're late," he said, smiling a bit.

            "Always," I told him with a grin. He closed and locked his apartment and we started down to the car. "Come on, I have ten minutes to negotiate New York traffic or Coulson will serve my ass on a platter to Fury. I'm in trouble as it is."

            "Why are you in trouble?" Steve asked as we got to the bottom floor. Steve's apartment was only on the second floor.

            "Nothing big," I told him, shrugging. "Tried to swipe Hill's ID card. Been trying since I was like 12."

            "Why," Steve said.

            "She's good," I told him. "I've gotten just about everyone who's worked at the Washington base. Even Coulson's. But never Hill's. So it's a challenge now."

            "Why?" he asked as we got in the car. I drove, being the only one of us who knew where SHIELD's super secret tarmac was. 

            I shrugged. "Nothing better to do, mostly. Became a game more or less when I stayed at the base. When I was... 13?" I thought about it. "Yeah, 13, I was deciding who did training for nearly a month ahead based on who's card I nabbed," I laughed. "I always gave them to Coulson when I did whatever I had to do."

            "Which was?"

            "Got to the food court, run around Fury and Hill's floor, driving people crazy," I smiled, remembering as I worked my way around New York traffic. "I was a hellion for... a good 5 years there."

            "Sounds... fun," he said, chuckling.

            "Of course," I told him, smirking. "Not every teenager get's yelled at by the world's top super spies like they were your parents. When Clint was working, they were my guardians."

            Talking about Clint made me remember what I was doing in the car with Steve. We weren't hanging out. We were on a mission. A mission my brother was on the wrong side of.