Chapter 8: Part 1

When we reached Manhattan, it looked like a war zone already. The Chitauri had already started terrorizing the city.

            "Stark, we're coming in through the north east," Tasha said in the com.

            "What did you stop for drive through?" Tony asked. "Swing up park, I'll lay them out for you."

            She did as told, and there were a string of Chitauri following Iron Man. Tasha shot them all down.

            "Nice!" I cheered, holding onto the railing above so I could stand. Steve held the one on the other side. We flew over to Stark tower and saw Loki and Thor fighting.

            "Shit," I muttered. Steve nodded.

            "Nat," Clint said.

            "See them," she said, and started shooting at Loki. Loki knocked down Thor, and then shot one of the wings on the quinjet causing us to spin and fall out of the sky. Steve and I hold onto the railings, our legs going everywhere, tangling and untangling in each other's.

            We crashed into the street, and we did a quick check of each other and ourselves. We were all okay.

            Tasha – no, Romanoff, need to think in last names – opened the back, and Cap and I jogged out, Clint – we're both Barton so it's weird – and Romanoff were right behind us. We landed on a four-way intersection, and jogged away from the wreckage.

            "We've got to find a way back up there," Cap said, and we looked up. Big mistake. 

            A giant alien monster fly out of the portal. I decided it should be dubbed a Leviathan. It flew over our heads, and Chitauri soldiers came out of its sides, grappling onto the buildings, and sliding down them. Some went through windows and started shooting people inside buildings.

            "I say again, shit!" I shouted.

            "Stark, are you seeing this?" Cap said into the com.

            "Seeing still working on believing," Stark said. "Where's Banner, has he shown up yet?"

            "Banner?" Cap and I said.

            "Just keep me posted," Stark said.

            Chitauri soldiers started running around the streets. Cap and Romanoff went out to scout while Clint and I ducked behind a taxi, avoiding being seen by the Chitauri just yet. When they came back, Clint said, "There are still some people trapped-" he was cut off when a Chitauri chariot – literally two Chitauri on this little hovercraft chariot, one driving, the other shooting people – flew over head. Loki was on one of them.

            "Loki," Cap said, standing to look over the side of the taxi, and down below.

            The chariots opened fire on civilians in a section where they had nowhere to go.

            "They're fish in a barrel down there," Steve said. Suddenly, a shot landed right next to his head, and I pulled him down. He nodded his thanks. Romanoff fired off shot from her guns, and Clint ducked and ran over to a taxi that was flipped over.

            I grabbed my knives out of my pockets, twirling them upright in my hands. "Let's do this."

            I popped in and around Chitauri, stabbing them in the head, throat, sometimes even pulling out the wiring they had going into their backs. I popped back next to Cap after taking most of them out.