Ch 10: Somewhere Down The Path

*5 Years later- From Claire's POV *

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

 It is June as I write this. I cannot believe I am already entering my fourth year in college already. Time flew by so quickly. I still remember back when I was a Sophomore and ended up in that fiasco with that big ol' brute and then James having to come in and risk his life to save me at the very end. High school was hell, honestly. I got picked on a lot following my return to school after what happened. I really had no motivation to keep going. James became my motivation. We started dating following our little adventure. He escorted me to every class and would surprise me with a hug or a kiss from behind randomly in the hall. I finally knew what it felt like to be loved by someone and actually have someone look forward to seeing you in school. After we graduated I thought we'd go our separate ways, and everything would be over. Much to my surprise, James had saved up money from a job he got during Junior year and put it towards renting an apartment near the college he was going to attend.  The apartment was meant for him to be able to save some money from living in a dorm, but now it was meant for me and him to live together in there, just like an actual adult couple. My college was only a few blocks away from his, fortunately. We moved in together after graduation. Sometimes when we lay in bed at night after an exhausting day of classes, I feel his warmth against me and tears begin to drip down my cheeks. I cry, not because I miss home or anything like that, but because I could not believe that love had actually found me and took me under its wing. I could not believe that the guy that sat in front of me, the one that I thought could care even less that I exist, is now living with me and cares for me...and is my fiancee currently. A few days after my 21st birthday, he took me to my favorite park and we sat up on that hill that I love. The hill has a beautiful view of everything. It was around 7 PM on a Summer night. It was warm and it smelled of rain from the other night. He told me to look at something far off into the distance and when I turned around he was already on his knee. The ring was beautiful and he carefully slid it onto my ring finger after I practically melted after saying "Yes". Our marriage isn't set until next year. We plan on traveling this summer before settling down. We'll still travel even after we're married, but we know we won't be able to do it as much. Either way, I could not be happier. Maybe somewhere down the path, beautiful change could be awaiting, but one will never know unless they dare to keep going.

                                                                                                      Love, Claire Evans

The End! 

Hope you guys liked this story, it was my first one so.. Stick around for another one yet to come. Please comment, anyone. Feel free. <3