Chapter 7: Friday

Friday was professional development day at school, finally, a well deserved day off after a week of utter hecticity. I have been awake since seven AM due to my body being used to waking up around six or seven for school. I haven’t done anything productive this morning, I only have been laying in bed on my laptop browsing the web and watching YouTube videos of my favorite YouTube comedians, such as Kingsley. I adjust myself up right in my bed and close the lid of my laptop and set it to the side on the floor. I grab my cell phone from the top of my night stand and begin to text James. Not once did I think I’d ever be sending him text messages.

             “Good Morning. Tomorrow’s Saturday. Do you think we can do it?”

            James: “Hey! Morning to you too. I guess so, I feel like I’m a chosen     one, lol.”

            “Right, okay Mr. Chosen One, any word on that chloroform stuff? This’d be pretty  bad if someone was reading this conversation..”

            James: “Claire, weren’t you supposed to do that research?”

            “Damn it, I completely forgot about that! D: “

            James: “Can’t we do it without chloroform? Just, bring mace or pepper spray or something like that…”

            “I don’t have any of that, do you? Should I buy it?”

            James: “My dad keeps some in the house, I’ll take one can, he won’t notice.  Well if he will even be here to notice.”

            We continued to text until he agreed he substitute chloroform for pepper spray. It seemed legitimate to do so. Nothing like seeing your attacker cry.

Around noon I decided to head out for a run around my block. Yes, it did seem to be an awfully stupid thing to do considering I was just kidnapped not too long ago but I need some fresh air. I want to try to relieve some of my anger also. I changed out of my jeans and slipped on some athletic bottoms. I dug through my closet and found my old pair of running shoes and laced them up just right. I tied up my hair into a ponytail and headed down the hall. Great, parents are here. Here comes the interrogation of why I’m wearing what I’m wearing, where am I going, why do I have to go, who am I going with, when am I going to be back… They could drone on forever if they could. It was extremely annoying.

        Right as I was about to enter the living room, mom pops up out of nowhere and scared me so hard that I ended up falling flat on my bottom. The traumatic incident still has an effect on me, obviously. “Whoa, I’m sorry darling! I didn’t mean to scare you, goodness! Are you alright?” asked Mom, extending a hand to help me up. Rather than grabbing her hand I immediately had flashbacks of when my attacker offered me his hand to help me up. I unintentionally scream and crawl backwards away from her. Dear God she’s going to think I’m a lunatic. “Claire Evans, what the hell was that all about? I just offered you my hand to help you up, not strangle you! What are the neighbors going to think now?” asked Mom, an extremely puzzled look stretched across her face. “I-I’m sorry, I panicked. I’m a jumpy person. Too many horror movies maybe,” I mutter.

            “Start watching some comedy movies then!” exclaimed Mom. She helped me get back on my feet and questioned what was up with the athletic attire. “I’m going to go for a run around the block, am I allowed?” I ask. “Fine, anything, go and let your jumpiness be free. Be back in thirty minutes, I don’t want anything to happen, okay? I’ll be in the laundry room downstairs in the basement if you need me.” Mom left to gather the laundry and I nodded and practically flew out the front door. 

*These remaining few chapters are going to be short, this story will be wrapped up pretty soon. It's just a short story after all. \^-^/