Chapter 4: The Plan

I drummed my fingers along my desk waiting for the last bell of the school day to ring. Eighth period was extremely dull, all it was for me was a teacher trying so hard to teach French to her students that refused to pay even the slightest bit of attention. I felt bad for her most of the time. She wasn’t the type of teacher to yell or holler at her students to make them listen, she was the soft type that would ask everyone to settle down about five times and would eventually just give up and assign work from the textbook. Although it’s not like anybody actually did the work except for me and the other students who actually cared about their grade. Which there weren’t too many of. I finished my work early today and I eagerly awaited my rendezvous with James by my locker. The bell rang and everyone simultaneously got up at the same time and nearly tackled each other to get out the door. I wonder how many of them are going to have to be tackling each other to get into school during the summer, to make up the credit for the class which they are so desperate to leave from. I grabbed my notebook and textbook and walked out the door after the crowd fled.

   “Claire! Over here!” shouted James, waving a paper to motion for me to come over to where he was. I thought I told that nut to meet me by my locker not in the hallway. Did he not think it would look suspicious for the quiet girl to be meeting up a guy she has barely talked to, all of a sudden? I mean, it may not seem suspicious, but it does to me. The last thing I need is for stupid rumors to be spread around school about us. I also definitely would not want anybody finding out about what happened to me yesterday either.

   I pushed through a few slow walking students and quickly made my way to James. I smacked his arm. “Hey! What was that for?” asked James, rubbing his arm as if I hit him with my textbook instead. Which I should of. “Can’t you be secretive about anything? Why are you so accustomed to having to shout and make everything known to everyone around you? I told you to meet me by my locker, did you forget?” “No, but I thought this would be easier. I forgot to mention yesterday that I don’t actually know where your locker is located either.” I breathed out a sigh and leaned against a locker. “Okay, fine, that was my fault. Now, we need to start planning. Where should we go?” “Perhaps we can go over to my house? I mean, not inside. I have a really big patio and my parents don’t get home until nine. We could have some privacy.” James rocked back and forth on his feet. He better not get any ideas, this is solely to get revenge, nothing more. “Alright. Lead the way,” I say. James nodded and began to walk down the hall towards the exit.