Chapter 10

Shifting

Aaron

I had woken up Saturday morning with aching bones and sensitive skin. "What in the world is wrong with me?" I grumbled out as I attempted to get out of bed. My muscles protested but I refused to listen to them and got out of bed. I clambered to my bathroom after grabbing some clothes.

I took a quick shower after handling my business. The water had stung and even burned a bit. I carefully went about putting on my clothes, hissing a few times when I had to raise my arms to put my shirt on while the muscles in my stomach quivered and tensed against not wanting to do what I needed them to do.

I brushed out my hair then grabbed my phone from off the nightstand and went down stairs. I could smell eggs, biscuits, freshly squeezed orange juice and my favorite chocolate pancakes. I smiled quickly going down the rest of the stairs. I had just walked into the kitchen when the floor was whisked out from under me.

"Happy Birthday Aaron!!" was shouted at me. I looked around me and saw my brother, sister, Mom and surprisingly my Dad as they crushed me in a group hug. "T-thank you but I can't breathe." I gasped out. "Oh sorry!" everyone apologized as they moved away and I could finally breathe again. "It's alright I'm fine now." I say smiling at them.

"Alrighty then everyone, grab a plate and let's eat!" Mom said in a joyful tone. We all grabbed plates and went about picking out our food amongst the things Mom made for breakfast. I could feel a big smile spread on my face as I stacked pancakes up, grabbing some eggs, a biscuit, and a glass of orange juice.

Everyone sat down eating as there was light chatter though I was focusing on not letting the sensitivity of my skin bother me as my clothes chaffed whenever I moved. As breakfast wrapped up I went back up to my room to stay hidden. I had awoken to my phone alerting me of a text message.

Sluggishly I unlocked my phone opening up my texts. It was a text from Andria, she was asking me if I was still going to the party. I sighed but texted back that I was still going though I had a weird feeling that something was going to happen tonight.

*~*~*

Nicole

I had seen how Xavier watched over that b*tch. It really got on my nerves but I have come up with a plan that'll make Xavier mine. I went through the house making sure that everything was set for the party.

"I will become Xavier's Luna and Queen and nothing will stand in my way!" I blushed as thoughts of Xavier taking me as his mate ran through my head. Of course it was ruined by my Mom.

"Nicole, your Father and I are going out tonight. We know of your party and would like it if you and your guest don't ruin the house while we're away." She says as she was just finishing up brushing out her hair. I nodded and went back to my room to see who was coming the party.

*~*~*

Aaron

Once the message sent I lied my head back down. My phone buzzed again, grunting I glanced at it reading: "Sweet!! You better be ready when we pick you up! <3". I stared at the screen till it dimmed then locked itself.

Rolling out of bed I headed for my bathroom thinking that a shower would help my sore muscles. After throwing my clothes at the bin I quickly stepped into the warm water. I scrubbed myself clean then climbed out.

Heading into my closet, I wandered near the back where the clothes that and I quote "That'd surely get me laid" as Andria put it as she picked them out. I dug through the clothes pulling out a pair of skin tight pants, a tank top, and a long sleeved sheer shirt. I also grabbed the black combat boots that Andria said tied the entire thing together.

I threw my outfit on the bed and went into my dresser pulling out some black boxers that hug my butt. (A/N: He likes feminine underwear although he does have standard boxers. On with the story!) I half-a**ed drying my hair then pulled on my clothes and just in time since the doorbell rang.

I quickly grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet as well as my jacket. I rushed to the door where I saw Mom and Dad talking to Andria, well Mom was talking while Dad looked worried but mainly upset. "Alright I'll be leaving now!" I shouted out while I caught up to Andria. "Aaron I want you home before midnight understood?!" Dad hollered out. "Yes, I will Dad!" I yelled back.

We all climbed into Jonathon's car who just so happened to be Jason's older brother. The drive over there was loud since Jason had been talking about something that set Andria off. Of course I just drowned out all the noise. We finally pulled up around 8:25 and the party was going strong.

I climbed out with the others and headed inside. The inside was louder than it was outside. There were sweaty bodies dancing, people making out, and people who were so drunk it was amazing that they hadn't passed out...yet. Andria told me something about going to find her senior friend before she ran off. Jason wasn't even behind me when I looked back.

Well this is a great 16th birthday. I sarcastically thought as I wandered the house. I was in search for a bathroom and miraculously wound up on the second floor. I kept searching till a scent hit me like a brick wall. It smelt like the forest after it just rained and for some reason there was another scent with it but I hadn't smelt it at first.

The scent was making me restless and excited all at once. I forgot my search for the bathroom and started following the smell. I was walking down the hallway till the smell got stronger, it seemed to be coming from around the next corner.

I inched closer as something within me jumped and paced around. Carefully I looked around the hallway till the sound of groans finally registered. I snapped my head towards the sounds and it felt like my world had just crumbled.

A pained whimper left my lips as I heard the distinct word Mate? echo through my mind. I slowly stepped away from the door and bolted it out of there. Everything was a blur as I fled the party and ran into the woods. The images of Nicole's body pressed against Xavier's body as their lips were locked in a kiss kept running through my head till I felt a snap.

I tumbled to the ground as more snapping and the sound of bones popping rang through the air. I was stunned at first but then the pain finally broke through and I tried to suppress it but there were some cries of pain that escaped. It felt like the pain was endless but it had only continued for 35 minutes of fur breaking through burning flesh, bones rearranging, and facial features changing.

By the time it stopped I was exhausted but I still had some energy left to glance at my hands that are now paws. I stared for a bit till it clicked that I had just shifted! I was happy till my broken heart made itself known once again. Throwing my head back I looked at the moon as I howled out my pain and sorrow. I was barely conscious when I flopped to the forest floor to even bother with the sound of twigs snapping near by.

~Here's another update guys and I got a few questions to ask you fantastic kits!

What do you think will happen to Aaron?

Do you guys still think Xavier is worthy of being Aaron's mate?

What do you all think of my story so far?

Well I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. Till next time peace!

Fifox~