Maya

It's April first. My favorite day in April. I can't wait to prank some people! I hop to school excitedly. When I see Lucas, I skip on over to him. "Guess what today is?" I ask excitedly. "Um...your dog's birthday?" "No! April Fools day!!" I laugh. "Oh." Is all he says. "What's wrong Lucas?" I ask. He's not as happy as he usually is. 

"Well. My dad is making me move back to Texas. He feels that I'm not doing enough work here and he needs the help on the farm." I feel my heart sink. "What?" I ask, my voice gets thick with emotion. Swallowing hard, I give him a big hug. "I'm going to miss you so much!" I say. "Aww. I'm glad you feel that way. April fools." I nod. "Yeah." Then I realize it's just a prank. Breaking free of his grasp, I smack his arm. "Not funny!!" I shout. He laughs. "I am so going to get you!" I say, storming off to history. 

At the end of the day, I invite Lucas over to my house. I see him walking up the steps, and I play the screaming sound effects. Getting the fake blood, I splatter myself with it and take a fake knife and tie it to my chest. I hear the door open, and make choking sounds before going quiet. Lucas walks in and looks at me. "Very funny Maya." I don't respond. "Maya? Come on Maya not cool!" 

He leans down to hear my heart beat, and I jump up and scream, "April Fools!" He screams back, but out of shock. "So not funny!" I kiss him on the lips. "I'm sorry. Does that make it better?" He nods. "Yeah. But I'm not quite done yet." I giggle and kiss him some more. We get interrupted by my growling stomach though, and Lucas laughs. "Come on. Let's go get some food." I smile and walk out the door with him.