Lucas

VValentine's day. Finally! It's taken forever to get here! Since the whole Christmas gift didn't work out, I'm giving Maya Holly today. I just had her groomed at the groomers, and she looks and smells pretty. I tie a pink ribbon around her neck with a little note that says, "Roses are red, violets are blue, happy Valentine's day, I love you. Love, Lucas. By the way, this is Holly Mae." I put the kitten inside a box with holes so it looks like a present

I go up to Maya's house and knock on the door. Maya answers, and smiles. "Hey Lucas happy Valentine's day!" We walk inside and sit on the couch. She hands me a silver box. I open it carefully and find a photo album of us. I flip through pictures, recalling all the memories. It makes me smile, and I love the gift. "Thank you so much Maya!" I give her a hug and a kiss on the lips. She smiles and bites her lip. "Okay, open yours." I say, putting my arm around her. She giggles and opens it. Her eyes widen and her jaw drops as she sees the kitten. "Oh my gosh!" She exclaims, picking up the kitten. She reads the note on the ribbon and says, "Aww I love you too!" I smile. "Her name's Holly Mae. I found her in the animal shelter. She got left too. She reminds me a lot of you." "Thank you Lucas... I-" 

There's a knock at the door. Maya stands to go open it, and it's Josh. "Happy Valentine's day, will you be my Valentine?" He asks, handing her a red small box. "Umm maybe." She says. She sits back down on the couch, in the middle of me and Josh. When she opens the present, it's a CD. "It's my first album. It's called love at first sight. I wrote all of the songs for you." He says it like it's a competition between us. "Thanks. Here's your gift." Says Maya, handing him a similar looking present like mine. It's also a photo album. Maya also loves Josh. The poor girl can't decide. "What did you get Maya?" Josh asks. "Oh I got her an abandoned rescued kitten. Not quite as cool as a CD, but at least I saved a kittens life." I say. Once again, I win and Josh looks at the floor.