52. Page 25.

Chapter 20

Buzzz.

The vibrations coming from Aiden’s pocket shocked him to the point of jumping up from the table and screaming. He’d been so engrossed the conversation of the party that night, he’d forgotten about the outside world. David laughed in hysterics as Aiden lightly hit him and looked at his phone.

From: Matt

I’m downstairs.

Aiden stopped laughing and caught David’s eyes, “What’s up?” he asked concerned

“Can you do something for me?” Aiden asked. David nodded.

*

Aiden was expecting the music to be deafeningly loud and threatening, just like the people, who were all high and drunk. At least, they were the sort of parties the chavs at his school hosted. So when he entered the house, he definitely wasn’t expecting a group of a few girls, and even less boys.

“DAVEY!” there was a shrill cry of girls, all rushing over to hug David. They were plastered with orange and dark eye shadow and dressed in, well, not much actually. Practically naked, their shrill voices chattered at once, talking to David… before turning to Aiden. 

"Well, hello there," one girl grinded up to him. Her friends started to laugh in an incredibly annoying and very girlish giggling fashion. 

"Sorry," David muttered to Aiden, "How much have you had to drink today?" He turned his attention to the girls.

They all looked innocently up at him and shrugged, before continuing their laughter and necking back a few more cans.

"Uh," Matt stuttered nervously to Aiden, "When are we leaving?"

Aiden nudged him gently and smiled, "Do you want a drink?" He left for the kitchen without waiting for an answer. 

Aiden had never been properly HAMMERED. He'd never been to a proper party before. Or, for that matter, had any proper friends.

This experience was new. It was different. It was blinding and dizzy. It was deafening loud and disconcerting. It was rushed and harsh. Busy and powerful.

And it was bloody amazing.

Growing up with an alcoholic mother, Aiden had a very strange view on alcohol. He wasn't totally against it, like many people in his situation would be - but he didn't particularly want to follow in her pink, Essex style, stilletoe footsteps either.  

Lights streaked down into the small living room.Thuds and horrific beats rocked throughout the crowded room in a clumsy fashion. It was like a movie. The dizziness, the delusions: it was a dream. He was tripping. 

"You," Aiden pointed to his sober boyfriend, who had taken the role of Aiden's personal security guard upon himself and was busy keeping Aiden in line. "You are… like… pink," Aiden giggled. "Like a… a… TELETUBBY!"  Aiden started to laugh heavily, heaving. 

Tense and on-edge, Matt grabbed hold of Aiden's limp body and supported his slender build against himself. "It's time to go home, Aiden," Matt hissed sternly, whispering loudly into his ear. 

Protesting, Aiden whined, "Nooo! Please, Roger!" He started to laugh, "Roger! I don't even know anyone named Roger!" His drunken laugher pelted through the room. "Roger," he said again, "I love you." He stopped his annoying twittering and looked at Matt, rolling his eyes back in a drunken fashion. "I-I lo-ove you, Roger." His voice buckled under the huge consumption of alcohol. Stumbling, Aiden fell onto his knees.