Chapter IX

ERIC

What's with this competition? I never heard any of it. And also my father never mention about this, but who am I to talk about this to father, he never or even notice me whether I'm alive or not.

"Hey, you okay buddy?" Randy, my best bud here in this damn school, a blonde jock. We were classmate in two of my subjects. We clicked and became best bud but I never mention to him about my family.

"Nah, I'm fine." I shrugged and continue scribbling in my notebook.

"Truly, I know you have a problem."

"It's about my mate, she's in the competition."

"Wow! Congrats bro, you have a cool mate!" he put his hand over my shoulder giving me a friendly pat.

"Yeah right." I boredly said.

"Hey what's that face? Are you not happy that your mate was one of them?"

"It's not like that, I'm just bothered."

"Bothered from what? That your mate may be in danger or ... died?" I cringed from what he said.

Died? My mate could die in this competition? Why would father allowed this game to exist?

"Hey are you alright bud?"

"Yeah fine." Randy stood up and turned away from me.

"Hey where you going man?"

He turned around and looked at me questioningly. "Going to eat? It's lunch time man."

"Ohhh..." I stood up and walked up with him. Still questioning why this competition exists.

>>>>>>>>

"You alright?" my mate looked at me worriedly.

We're in near convenient store to buy things for school.

"Yeah I'm fine, you? Are you fine entering this competition?" frown sketch in her beautiful face.

"Why did you ask that?" I just shrugged my shoulder.

"Is it bad to ask my girlfriend if she's fine with it?" her eyes went wide and have a streak of wetness in the side.

I began to panic and stepped close beside her. "Did I said something wrong?" I wiped the tears that escaped her violet eyes.

"None..." she giggled. "I'm just happy."

"Why?"

"Why? You called me girlfriend." She said shyly, pink tinted her cheeks.

Ohh... My... God... she's so cute.

We spend our entire time strolling, walking and talking random things about ourselves but still I can't tell her about my family.

Every time we talk about family, I divert her to another one, I know she understand that I don't want to talk about them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

NICK

Eric and I have so much fun yesterday, but every time we talked about family he diverted me to other one.

"Hey I need some trainer." I'm in Layla's room with the rest of the gang.

"For what?" said Josh whose busy snuggling Gina.

"Hey stop dirtying my bed." screamed Layla.

"Don't worry we just drop this by the near laundry shop." Layla scrunched up in disgust as she threw the pillow to them.

"Hey I'm talking here guys. I need some trainer!"

"Why needed them when were here?" Said Layne and the rest nodded in agreement.

"Ok... and guys we need to do it now..."

They looked at each other and grinned widely.

Okay maybe I'm regretting my decision now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys. it's short.. ^_^

Yoi ichi nichi wo Minna-san!!!