Cheerios [11] (Conclusion)

We weighed the pros and cons of choosing to exchange vows in South Africa. Pro? Although Reese and I each have a decent nest egg (okay, hers might be twice as decent as mine) eloping would be cost effective. Con? Her mother, my parents, my sister Cheryl and Ivy are bound to want to kill us for returning to California already wed. Pro? I haven't a clue how Liam will react to the news, but this would save him from having to hear about our upcoming wedding, as it'll already be over with. Con? Well...we were unable to come up with another con. We agreed the threat of homicide by family and friends was quite enough. Neither of us cared about having a large wedding with a multiple tiered cake (true, I almost had that a few weeks ago). We just wanted to become each other's spouse as soon as possible.

South Africa wedding it is. Possible homicide with several possible suspects? Reese and I would cross that bridge when we came to it otherwise known as soon after our plane arrives at LAX.

Phone calls made, trips taken here and there and the necessary documents procured by the time our special day rolled around Reese had finished her photography assignment for the safari camp, so we decided to spend a couple days honeymooning there before returning to California. When I asked if she truly wanted to live there my fiancée assured me that her home lie wherever I was whether that place be California, England, Hawaii or even Timbuktu. I might have beamed for the duration of the day. Swear my feet hovered above the earth too.

There are a few rules that must be followed in order to marry in South Africa such as two witnesses must be present and the couple must marry inside a church, another building where religious services are taken place, a public office or within someone's private residence. Having become friendly with the vacationing couple in Tent 9 who are from Italy we invited them out to dinner where we asked if they would mind standing up for us. Their eyes locking and smiles curving their lips we had our answer before they could vocally respond. Three days later, we had a simple yet beautiful ceremony with Lorenzo, Francesca and the cherubic marriage officiant inside a quaint church. Instead of a reception we enjoyed another meal with our vacation friends followed by going dancing.

It's just after nine in the evening when we return to our tent. Taking the stairs to the deck I laugh when Reese grabs my hand, spins me around, and then smoothly dips me while planting a soft kiss on my lips. Once we straighten she places one arm behind my back, the other behind my knees and successfully picks me up. Further laughing, I loop my arms around her neck.

"Reese! You should put me down."

She shakes her head. "Why? I want to carry you over the threshold."

"I get that, but aren't I heavy?"

A swift grin splits Reese's lips. "Nope. You ain't heavy, you're my wife!"

I toss my head back while a few giggles are released. "I see what you did there. Haven't heard that song in a long time."

"Wasn't sure you'd get that." She looks impressed. "Think The Hollies recorded the song of a similar title back in the late sixties." Arms moving underneath me, Reese groans a little. "Perhaps you are a little heavy." She laughs the moment I stick my tongue out at her.

"Get used to it, wifey. I'm only gonna get fatter over the next seven or so months."

Reese leans in to kiss me. "Honestly looking forward to every additional pound. Just more of you to love."

Fingers brushing the nape of her neck, I smile and insist she move us toward the entrance so she may put me down before she ends up pulling a muscle. When Reese carefully steps toward the tent I assist by pushing the flap aside, softly gasping a second after we enter. Her name whispered my eyes sweep around our tent-style room, which is lit with lightly scented candles tucked within clear glass holders. The net covered bed has been decorated with red rose petals in the shape of a heart and on a nearby round table we often dine at is a bucket filled with crushed ice along with a green tinted bottle, two wine glasses next to it.