Chapter 25: Last Na Talaga To

March 27, 2013 12 a.m.

Roselle and Kristina sat down, dizzy after the effects of alcohol.

“Two down!” Tabz said laughing.

“Kailangan niyo rin bawasan ng dalawang members ang team ninyo.” Mariko insisted.

The boys glanced at each other.  “Okay, kami nalang ni Tabz ang titigil sa laro.” Francis said as he sat down beside Jemmy.

“Gusto ko pa sana maglaro.” Tabz said frowning but he sat down beside Roselle and tapped her back.  “Buhay ka pa?” he asked her.

Roselle nodded and gave him an okay sign.

DJ grinned wickedly at Mariko. “Kaya pa?” he asked.

Mariko smiled.  “Pfft... hindi nga ako pinawisan eh!” 

Mariko threw the small ball and it landed straight inside one of the boys’ cups.

“Another point!” she screamed. 

DJ smiled as he took the ball out of the cup and drank the contents.  Kath was frowning at DJ. 

DJ noticed her expression and so he approached her after drinking the cup. 

“I’ll be fine, babe.  Don’t worry.” he whispered.  Then, he kissed her forehead.

“Turn pa rin namin, right?” Gabby asked.  Then, she threw the ball but missed.

JC smiled. “Okay, so meron pa rin kaming 20 cups, pero sa inyo malapit na maubos... 15 nalang.”

“Bakit ba kasi ang daming cups?” Daezen asked.

Katsumi smiled.  “Huwag ka nang magcomplain kasi first set pa lang yan.  Pagnaubos lahat ng cups sa isang team, papalitan natin ng 30 cups of Tequila.”

“What?!  Jack Daniels tapos Tequila?  Okay lang kayo?!” Miles exclaimed.

“Bakit? Gusto mo sumali?” Seth asked her.

“No, thanks!  Tingnan niyo nga mga mukha ni Roselle at Kristina... Hindi ako pinayagan ni Mommy na pumunta dito para maglasing.” Miles responded.

JC laughed as he threw the ball.  It landed straight into one of the girls’ cups.   Gabby rolled her eyes.  Then, she removed the ball from the cup and drank the contents. 

“Sorry, babe.” JC said sweetly to Gabby.

“Okay, turn pa rin namin!” Katsumi said as he threw the ball.  It landed straight into one of the girls’ cups again.

“I hate you!” Daezen screamed at him.

“I love you more.” Katsumi said smiling.

Daezen frowned at him.  Then, she drank the contents of the cup.

“Uhmmm... don’t tell me na tayo ang mag-bababysit mamaya sa mga alcoholics na ito pagkatapos ng laro?” Jemmy asked Kath and Miles.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1 a.m.

“Good evening Sir/Ma’am!! Nageenjoy ba kayo sa laro?” Lester asked aloud to the others.

“Oo, Sir!  Kasi nakakatawa ka tingnan kapag lasing!” Jemmy responded.

Lester laughed aloud.  “Hindi ako lasing!  Sino may sabi na lasing ako?!”

Only four players were remaining in the hardpong game,  Seth, DJ, Mariko and Lester.

A few minutes ago, Daezen and Gabby had to surrender because of extreme drunkness.  Thus, Katsumi and JC withdrew from the game.   Katsumi was stroking Daezen’s back with concern.  “Bakit mo ba kasi pinipilit ang sarili mo?  Kung hindi mo kaya kanina pa, dapat tumigil ka na kaagad.”