Chapter 21: Sleepovers Gone Wrong

"I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones!" I sang off of the top of my lungs with my trusty purple hairbrush as a microphone. Beside me Annabelle was singing too, her eyes shut and a grin spreading across her face.

"Welcome to the new age, to the new age!"

This was just another sleepover of ours. Usually they were at my house where we'd fool around, eat a lot, and talk about random things. Just your average girl's sleepover.

"Okay! Okay, that's enough for me." I chucked my brush at my bean bag chair and fell back in a sitting opposition on my bed. It sank a bit under my weight, just to sink a bit more when Annabell followed suit wit high pitched giggles escaping her mouth. She threw the bag of Hershey kisses to me and I caught them before opening it like my savior was in it. I could practically feel my period coming on, and my chocolate cravings always came early.

"Rachel," Annabelle innocently wondered out loud, "why haven't we had a sleepover like this one in awhile?"

My head trapped so many reasons. Because you're always off being all lovey dovey with your boyfriend. Because apparently everything going on in your life is more important than your best friend. Because I'm always with Harry, a person who actually understands me.

"I dunno. I guess we just never had the time."

She nodded as if she thought that was a good enough answer. Then she said, "So Liam's definitely planning something tomorrow. I don't know what, but I can tell it's something really important to him or something. He was being really fidgety and jumpy."

"Oh?" I replied, my heart aching when she said those words. Of course she didn't know that what she was saying saddened me. Why would she, when the only one I talk to is Harry? So Mr. Romantic is doing something for Annabelle. Surprise, surprise.

'Yeah. I wonder what he has in store . . ." Before she could tell me all of her thoughts about him, I jumped up and went over to my dresser.

"I'm actually gonna go take a shower, alright?"

She didn't seem fazed by my sudden desire to get out of the room. All she did was nod and leave, heading towards my movies. I didn't even try to be discreet, I got out my clothes like a mad woman and dashed into the bathroom. I didn't want to risk the chance that she'd go off about Liam again.

The shower caused stream to start fogging up my mirror as I looked at my reflection after undressing. Big, tired brown eyes stared back at me. It was like they were scolding me, telling myself that I need to stop getting so butthurt over the fact that Liam and Annabelle are still together.

"She's your friend, you shouldn't be having these thoughts about her boyfriend," I murmured to myself guiltily. "Stop trailing after Liam and get you're head out of the gutter. Just move on and suck it up."

I knew deep down that I wouldn't just fall out of love with Liam, but the words temporarily comforted me. Managing a small smile, I sighed and hopped into the shower.

Near the end of my washing routine, I heard a frightened scream sound from somewhere in my flat. Rolling my eyes, I just continued finishing up my shower. Annabelle must've chosen a scary movie to watch instead of one of those romantic sappy movies that she loves. That was a bad choice as she was terrified of scary movies, as opposed to just crying at the romance ones. Oh well.

I changed faster than I would've liked to because of the cold air that hit my body as I stepped out of the shower. As soon as I combed back my hair into a wet but sleek ponytail, I felt refreshed and ready to take on the world.

As soon as I stepped out of the still steamy bathroom, I immediately knew something was wrong. My flat was silent. Not just silent, but there was a sort of an eerie silence that made my breath catch and a shiver go down my spine. This didn't feel right at all.

I couldn't even finish going down the hallway to check where Annabelle was before there was something cool and sharp pressing into my neck. My hands were yanked back and held behind me.

"Cooperate, or else I won't hesitate to kill you."

The voice was painfully familiar. It was low and harsh, but I could tell it belonged to the one and only Tori. I would've thought about how the hell she got into my apartment if fear didn't make me only think about the knife that was currently pressed against my throat.

"Good girl. Now let's go see your little friend." She guided me to my room with my thought running wild. Most of them were concerned ones for Annabelle. What did Tori do to her?

If I didn't have a knife pressed to my throat, I would've gasped. Annabelle was tied up to a chair, bound and gagged as she has silent tears streaming down her face. When she seen me, her expression morphed into even more terror, if that was even possible. I could tell a sob was caught in her throat and her breathing was heavy.

"Come on, Rach. let's have a seat, shall we?"

There was nothing else I could do but sit down in a chair while Tori picked up tape with the knife still in her hand. Seconds later I was in the same state as Annabelle. I didn't dare try to move, for the fear that my life would end shortly after.

One thing that I did notice was the color of Tori's eyes. The brown that I was used to were that icy blue that only meant one thing. This really wasn't Tori controlling her own body. This was Rebecca.

Tori smirked at me before saying, "Let's get this party started, shall we? Okay. First of all, how was your guys' day?"

There was nothing I wanted to do more than to tell her to get to the point. But since my mouth had duct tape refraining my lips from opening, I just settled for scowling at her.

"Sorry to ruin the party! Oh well. You see, I'm here to fuck some shit up. But first, let's reveal some secrets about Rachel here. Annabelle, did you know that Rachel has a crush on Liam?"

The pain in Annabelle's eyes was like a direct blow in my stomach. She looked so hurt by Tori's words as she looked at me for a confirmation. All I could do was stare at her while tears leaked down my face. She was a smart girl, she can figure out that Tori is telling the truth. The fact that she now knows made my chest hurt even more. I didn't ever want to hurt sweet Annabelle. She was one of my closest friends.

"Oh yeah, you better believe it." That cruel smirk never left her mouth as she looked from Annabelle to me.

"But she doesn't just have a crush on him. Guess what? She loves him! Yup, that's right! Your so called 'best friend' is in love with your own boyfriend."

The hurt was too much for me. All I could do was let my head hang and my tears fall. I betrayed Annabelle and her trust. I let her down. I couldn't even begin to tell her how sorry I was.

"Hey! Head up, Rachel. This is gonna be my favorite part."

I wish I didn't look up, because then I wouldn't have seen the most traumatizing thing that I have ever seen. There was nothing I could do to stop it. My eyes were locked on the scene as it unfolded.

I just watched Tori as she brought the knife across Annabelle's neck. I watched her cry out in agony, the sound muffled by the duct tape. I watched her scarlet blood and life ooze out of the wound as the tears continued to leak from her eyes. I watched Tori laugh as she leant over Annabelle from the back to plunge that knife in her chest. I watched the light fade out of those blue eyes that I've come to love. I watched her body slump forward when she couldn't fight to stay upright any longer.

That night I watched my best friend die.

~

I'm going to cry. Oh God, I AM GOING TO CRY. Annabelle is dead, and Tori killed her. Why did I do this to myself? Why did I do this to you?? I think someone actually commented something about Lachel never happening because she doesn't see Annabelle going anytime soon. Well . . .

So I hope this chapter was worth the wait. And we're over 10k reads! Thanks guys, I love you all. Don't forget to comment about how much of a horrible person I am in the comments, I will read them all. Or you can comment saying that you love me bc now Annabelle's out of the way. Or you know, just comment... that works, too.