SOLD! To the Player On the Back Row. [#6]

After Scott showed me the areas of the Mystery Den he wanted to fix up, I decided I needed to bail. FAST.

I kept on dropping into the conversation that I needed to wash my hair, do my homework in for the next day and used my all time favourite excuse: I had to prep the house against a zombie attack because my fortune teller told me the uprising would be soon, just like I expected.

But he just kept yakking on about his stupid Den.

Well, our stupid Den that he was forcing me to change.

I don’t know – I just felt a bit sad changing it. After all, when I looked at those pictures of me looking like seven year old rule breaker who attempted to be a skinhead but wussed out after shaving the fringe, I forgot that I hated Scott. Because back then, as much as it kills me to say it, we had a blast.

Mind you, it’s even more painful to say that I actually had a blast last night. Don’t judge me.

But it was funny! I mean, he was eating daffodils, dancing like someone who belonged in a ‘special’ institution and got lost in his own bathroom. But I guess the real Scott still did shine through with comments referring to my vagina as a bucket. The arsehole.

In the end, I just said, ‘Okay, time to stop talking while I go home’, and walked away from him without another word.

Only this time, he didn’t carry me back.

Notifications:

Tommy Grayson posted on your Wall
Tommy Grayson likes your Wall post
Tommy Grayson commented on your Wall post

Oh my God! Grayson! He’s been trying to contact me and I didn’t respond! I’m such a horrible person! There’s me sitting in the Mystery Den with my most hated-person and my favourite-person needs me! What if he’s hurt? What if he’s upset? What if he’s in desperate need for a kidney AND I WASN’T THERE TO GIVE IT TO HIM!

Well, we might as well find out...

Click.

Tommy Grayson > Phoebe Thornton
Oh HERROOWWWWW!! How was the wedding? :) Wozzit ded nyc n dat??????
Missed you, player. Can’t wait to see you Monday – driving home with the parental units now listening to ‘Oldies FM – But not the good ones!’ SPIFFING FUN.
Love you! X

Tommy Grayson likes this.

Tommy Grayson So tight you not replying! Now I look like a loser ;)

Tommy Grayson
That’s your queue to reply, babe.

Tommy Grayson
WHY AREN’T YOU REPLYING.

Tommy Grayson
Why haven’t you been on facebook in SIX. TEEN. HOURS.  NO EXCUSES, THORNTON. NO. EXCUSES. NOT EVEN DEATH WILL BE A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE TO HELP HEAL THIS WOUND. A WOUND OF HUMILIATION. HUMILIATION CAUSED BY LACK OF REPLY-ATION. That kind of rhymed. Impressed? I thought so.

Tommy Grayson
This will look so awkward if you’re dead...

My best friend, ladies and gentleman. Can you see the similarities?

BECAUSE I CAN’T.

LOL jk we’re the same person. It’s quite scary.

But regardless of me crying with laughter at these posts, wondering why I was friends with such a nerd, I missed him deeply this weekend.

He and his family were visiting his grandma down south. She’s this crazy old bint who pretends she can’t hear you when you’re boring her. It’s a beautiful family thing. But yeah, he always has to go down and see her because ‘you never know when it might be your last visit’. A bit morbid perhaps, but that’s the way Grayson’s closet-OCD mum thinks.

His family are pretty lame. Like mine. The only cool person in his family is his older brother, Lloyd, who I used to be in love with but then decided that I was being delusional and that I was a mere 2 compared to his astounding 10. But a girl can still stare. But that’s just one of the many similarities me and Grayson have going for us.

Not him being in love with his brother! That would be weird.

No, the fact we choose each other over our families. Sad but true.

I grabbed the home-phone and dialled his digitz.

He picked up after about two rings –eager as always. His voice seemed panicked but the exaggerated panting was enough to tell me he was taking the piss. “Oh, thank God – you’re aliveee!” Is that how we’re playing it? I don’t go on facebook or my phone for a day and I get the whole ‘Well, you’ve disappeared for a few years, haven’t you?’ I’m always available! I decided to let the knob suffer a few moments more silence before I gifted him with the sound of my voice. “Thornton?” he asked with a laugh, knowing I was being mean. But my progressive silence only made his pitch increase. “Thornton?!

Lulz. Don’t mess with PHOEBE.

“Tell me,” I grinned into the phone, plonking down on my bed, “how does life without me feel?”

He sighed. “Despairingly empty.” I was good to hear his voice – like I said, I really missed him – regardless of it only being two days.

I shrugged, “So I’ve been told,” before shivering, “How was the old lady?”

“Old,” he replied bluntly making me chuckled. “Smelt a bit mustier than last time I saw her but other than that, she was as depressing as ever. I nearly unplugged her from the life support.”

I couldn’t help but nearly choke on whatever was in my throat. Saliva? Probs. But who wants to know that, right? (Sorry for telling you... again.) But I didn’t know this! Nana Grayson’s dying?! “She’s on life support?!” I squawked. Not hearing the stories of her killing neighbour’s cats with her car and demanding compensation from them for causing her the emotional trauma would just make life not as interesting.

Grayson paused before continuing with a sigh, “Did I just forget my fantasies weren’t reality again?

Once again, the laughter came. Only he could get away with fantasising about his Nana dying and make it funny – not sick and twisted. “Yeah, babe,” I replied with another grin.

“Damn,” he muttered, “I have an issue with that. Remember when I asked you when Megan Fox was getting to your hot-tub party?”

As much as I hate to admit this about this retard I was on the phone to, that last part was true. “Oh too well,” I said, picturing his sad little face when I told him he was making her appearance up – as well as the sex scene that was occurring in his head which involved whipped cream and a choker. I’m actually cringing.

“That put a downer on the night,” he chuckled, “didn’t it?” I was about to agree when he interrupted me with one word – well, a number of words – but he said them so quickly, they blended together into one high pitched rampage. “Oh, how rude of me for not asking! How was the wedding? Oh no, wait! I did ask.”

I rolled my eyes. “Shut up being such a baby,” I laughed.

“In all seriousness,” he continued, “how was it?”

I got a big flash of numerous images. They were all of Scott. His smirk at the bar when I couldn’t get served, his sleepy eyes when eating the daffodil, his chest... PHOEBE, WTF?! I THOUGHT WE WEREN’T GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT ANYMORE.

Sorry. I don’t know what came over me there.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I said, fiddling with a few strands of my hair.

He let out a short laugh which usually means he’s nervous. “Why?”

I worked my mouth, thinking of how to tell him. “You’ll be mad,” I said, cringing. I genuinely didn’t want to talk about him.

“You went to your sister’s wedding... What could possibly make me mad?” he trailed, “Did you get with someone?” he said, making me laugh. “I mean - Did you get with a girl?” He said, humour now in his voice. “Did you finally come out and I wasn’t there to witness it?!”

“Yes,” I said, hoping the joke he made would distract him. He was like me – went crazy for his own jokes. So that’s why we got on so well... “My bad,” I dismissed the situation.

“What did you do?” he asked, showing that apparently, I didn’t dismiss the conversation... DAMN.

“Nothing,” I said, quickly – my voice far too feminine and innocent to be me.

He scoffed, “That’s a lie,” knowing me too well. The thing was – I think Grayson hated Scott more than I did... I couldn’t tell him! Because if I told him he bought me, he’d want to know what for. If he knew that, he’d know that I was going round there every night until it was done. If he knew that, he’d wonder why I was standing for it...

And to be honest, I don’t even think I knew...

“I’m hanging up,” I said bluntly, putting my finger over the ‘End Call’ button.

“Wait!” he said, causing me to bite my lip. I’d already pressed the button – If I let go, it would definitely hang up. DAMN IT – FINGER CRAMP! “I wanted to see you today!” he said, making me roll my eyes. Like I said – IT’S ONLY BEEN TWO DAYS! We should be stronger than this!

“I’m so tired,” I said, which was true. After all, we got back late last night and I woke up so early when i didn’t know where I was... “Do  you mind if I just catch you at school tomorrow?”

“I will only mind,” he started with a grin on his face – I could hear it in his voice, “if you don’t tell me what I have to be mad about.”

I had to bail. Now! “Kay kays,” I said sweetly, “love ya – bye!”

And I took my finger off the button.

________________________________
It’s another shortie – I’m sorry :(
But at least you got to meet Grayson!
Like I said – with revision and stuff, I’m really struggling but hopefully this will be the last boring chapter...
The week they’re about to have is an interesting wee
k. ;)

As smoking hot Will Turner once said, ‘Keep a weather eye on the horizon’...

WOW I genuinely didn’t think I could get any nerdier.
Anyway, thank you so much for reading :)
Please vote/comment if you get a chance! 
Love to my loyalies! (Loyal fans)x