SOLD! To the Player On the Back Row. [#12]

Okay, so i’m a little bit sleepy :(
My wrists are killing from typing and I need some lovely rest -
I didn’t check it tonight, I’ll check it tomorrow so I hope it’s understandable! Haha!
Thanks for reading... hope you like it :’)
LOVE YOU.
_____________________________________________________________

So it turns out, I was invited to Gina’s big BBQ on Saturday. Sounds good, doesn’t it?

NO. NO IT DOESN’T.

I mean, I don’t want to sound ungrateful but it’s for Scott’s friends too – I’m gonna look as out of place as Amy Winehouse at a royal tea party. I’ve thought of a number of excuses explaining why I’m at the BBQ if someone says, ‘What are you doing here?’ and I’ve narrowed it down to one:

‘Bite me.’

Or, I guess I could just say our parents are friends seeing as... you know... my parents were invited? That might not be as aggressive as the previous option.

After mine and Scott’s ‘meaningful hug’, we sort of awkwardly insulted each other in a jokey manner to get the atmosphere back to normal again.

‘So... you’re fat?’

‘And you’re a massive Dillon.’

And that was it! Awkwardness gone.

After our two long hours of dusting, we walked back inside to get my shoes as Scott offered me a lift home. It was then when I was ambushed by Gina, telling me she couldn’t wait for Saturday and she was so happy I could come... By this point, I had no bloody idea what the crazy lady was talking about so I was just nodding my head like ‘ME TOO! YAY! (wtf?)’

Scott then told me in the car casually, ‘It’s a BBQ. I’ve said you’re coming.’

THANKS FOR TALKING THIS OVER WITH ME.

After that – the awkwardness re-emerged. I just looked out of the window, clutching onto the side of my seat like nobody’s business as I was preparing for another car crash. But surprisingly, when he was actually concentrating on the road and not talking, Scott didn’t plummet into any ditches or anything! 

We parked up outside my house and I looked over at it awkwardly. “Thanks for the lift then...”

He just pretended to stretch. I know a fake-stretch when I see one! “You’re welcome. You owe me about a fiver in petrol – I’ll get it from you at school.” He let his head fall in my direction as he smirked at me but I just rolled my eyes.

“The sad thing is,” I said, putting my hand on the door handle, “I don’t think you’re joking.”

“I am,” he laughed, and I shared it with him... “Don’t worry.” We looked at each other awkwardly again before he just said, “Thanks,” quietly.

I let a silence fill up the car. “What for?” I said, my voice being way too nonchalant.

He laughed and scowled at me, playfully punching my shoulder. “Piss off. You know!” I nodded with a weak smile and he looked down at his fidgeting fingers. “Agreeing to watch it and everything? It means a lot.”

“Look North?” I asked with wide eyes, “Don’t be stupid.” Once again, with the awkward looks. WHY DID WE KEEP LOOKING AT EACH OTHER IF IT WAS THIS EMABRRASSING?! Mission 628 Phoebe: Kill awkwardness! “I just can’t wait for you to eff up and say ‘No really – I’ve killed a man,’ out of nowhere.”

“Ha-ha, Bubbles,” he said sarcastically. Suddenly  the name Bubbles actually felt right instead of an irritation. When he called me Phoebe in the Mystery Den, it felt like my mum about to tell me off. It just didn’t sound right in his voice. Bubbles... that was the only thing he should call me.

It made it a bit special...

PHOEBE, WTF YOU ON ABOUT?! YOU SOUND LIKE YOU’RE AUDITIONING FOR THE SHOW ‘FLOWERS AND FEELINGS’, FOOL.

Shut up, mind. That’s not even a show and you know it!

IT WILL BE SOON, BITCH.

I thought I’d ‘stick it to my mind’ by carrying on. Only briefly... “It’s brave,” I said, causing him to look away from the window and at my face. His own face was distorted with discomfort, like he was in pain, and I didn’t think I’d ever seen him like this.

“I’m scared.”

WOW. I’ve definitely never heard him say that. “You’ll be fine,” I said, desperately trying to comfort him but I find it hard to do so without touching someone. If he was Grayson, I would just hug him until he said, ‘Alright, sentimental. I’m fine now...’

But me and Scott definitely weren’t quite there yet – that hug in the Mystery Den was definitely a ‘hug for special occasions’.

“You don’t think many people at school will watch it,” he asked with an apprehensive facial expression, “do you?”

I couldn’t help but giggle. “Watch the news? On Friday night? I doubt it.”

He finally loosened up, laughing too. “Good. I only want you to watch it sooo...”

THE AWKWARDNESS AGAIN. REALLY?!

Why did he say that? Everything was going so well at the beginning of the sentence...

We avoided eye contact and he took a big awkward deep breath. “Thanks for the lift,” I said quickly, trying to run out of the car like an Olympian.

“Yeah,” he said, rubbing my forearm as if to say ‘I’m trying to be affectionate... But it’s not working – soz xxx’. He then looked away as if regretting it, saying, “See you tomorrow.”

I looked down at my arm and then at him. A smirk played across my face. “Awkward!”

He let out a short laugh as if relieving tension, “I know, I tried to be nice but that’s all I’ve got.” He looked at me and smiled one last time before scowling, punching my arm and saying, “Get the hell out my car, whore.”

Aww, and we’re back to normal.

“You really have your way with women,” I said as I climbed out of his car.

“Oh, wait,” he said, grabbing my arm. “Here.” MY BABY BOY! He handed me my phone and I swear to God, I nearly cried. After I was done cradling him, I gave Scott one last grateful smile. “Night, Bubbles,” was all I heard before I slammed the door.

And he drove off, leaving me reading through my messages. Nothing had been sent.

Maybe he was a bigger person than I thought...

Or maybe he couldn’t guess the pass-code.

You know when you wake up on a Wednesday morning and you think ‘God damn, just be Friday already!’ Then you re-evaluate the situation and decide that it’s the middle of the week so you think to yourself ‘Yay! Happy hump-day, me! You’re nearly there...’

Then you realise you have to wake up and you think eff this, I’m going back to bed.

Well, I went through the same process. Until something else happened...

You know when you wake up and you think ‘Oh no, I have to get up’ but then you think of something good about that day and smile? Like a school trip or something? Well... I smiled... at... Scott?

There I was, just grinning at this new bridge that had once been smashed – and now, it was rebuilt. Kinda. I couldn’t believe it! I was having GOOD thoughts about Scott... EW. Not dirty ones. Wash your minds with soap.

Just... friendly ones.

I then willingly got out of bed without my mum coming in and sticking her face in mine until I couldn’t take the annoyance further. (I know! I’m creeping myself out just thinking about this!) I got ready for school the quickest I’d ever achieved. I even had time to do five whole sit-ups! That was the workout for the week sorted.

However, the walk to school was a bit weird. Grayson - he seemed more awkward than normal. I asked him about the Doctor’s appointment and he quickly replied, ‘Fine-just-fine’. I guessed he was just suffering abit of post-incest-shock after the appointment with his Uncle. He didn’t seem to want to talk to me but I decided I should just be extra happy to make up for him.

Nothing could spoil my mood, it seemed.

Cough, cough, IT SEEMED.

Grayson and I parked up in our usual seats in the common room but, like I said, he wasn’t talking much. He just stared out of the window. Wow – his Uncle must’ve really made yesterday memorable. I just sat there, waiting for registration with a big grin on my face. It grew even further when I looked across the room...

Scott, sat on the windowsill as usual was staring at me. He had a big grin on his face... was he... grinning at me?! Oh. Wow. I thought he ignored me at school... Our bridge really had been built! Oh – wait. When I took in the big picture, I noticed he was talking to Morey.

Was I... disappointed? OMG, NO, EW, NO, NO WAY, EW, NO.

A little.

But hang on! He was staring at me... and so was Morey... were they... talking about me? Oh my God. What were they saying? Was he going back to his usual self, saying what a slapper I was? If so, I was going to wack out my black-belt skills on him...

Hitting him really hard with a black belt.

I had to get out of their view. I couldn’t take their smirking!

“I’m gonna go get a drink,” I said to Grayson abruptly. My happy tone of voice had suddenly gone and he clocked it, looking at me immediately. “Do you want one?”

He looked mildly confused. “No, thanks,” he replied as I got up to go to the kitchen. “Umm – Thornton?” he said after me. I turned towards him and I’d never seen him look so awkward. And he was the most awkward person ever. “Are we going to... talk...?”

Oh, so NOW he wanted to talk? Well, Grayson, I’M pretending to be thirsty so TIME’S UP. “After a drink,” I said quickly, walking away.

I looked in the kitchen sink of our common room. EW. I swear, there was more fungus growing on the dishes than that kid in the year below with athlete’s foot. Who the hell was on washing up duty?! I looked over to the board which said a list of names on it. All of the populars. They were too high and mighty to clean an effing dish. Urh, they made me sick!

I wasn’t prepared to wash one of these cups, possibly carrying Gonorrhea seeing as the moulds were breeding, so I just backed away slowly.

Suddenly, there was someone behind me as I gracefully stood on their big toe.

“Ah, shit--” a deep voice said. I immediately knew who it was...

“Morey?” I asked, turning around to face him. Wow. This kid was tall. I swear, he looked like he drank lion-protein shakes... Protein shakes... made from lions. He steadied me with his hands and they literally took NO effort to wrap around my biceps.

“Yes,” he smiled, trying not to wince at the pain, “It is I.”

I took a step back, making it a far enough distance between us that would make him feel awkward for continuing to touching me. “There are no clean cups,” I said awkwardly, “so you’ll have to wash them yourself.”

I began to walk past him but once again, he grabbed my biceps. “I didn’t come for the cups...” He was definitely too close now. There’s this rule: If I can feel your breath on my face, GET THE EFF AWAY FROM ME.

"But I'm not here for the cups?"  

“Okay...” I trailed, not sure where this was going.

“I think you know why I’m here,” he smirked. It was ridiculously unsettling. After all, I never spoke to him! And he was just staring at me with--- OMG. Did Scott put him up to this? Is he about to laugh at the fact me and Scott are kind of/secretly/basically friends?

“Oh,” I laughed nervously, “I think I don’t...”

“Last night?” he raised an eyebrow seductively... So did I but it was as if to say ‘WTF’. “I was flattered. Really, I was. A good-looking girl like you being so bold?” Okay. I hate to treat myself with such little respect but... did he know who I was? Phoebe Thornton? Had he got the right girl? I mean, we’re in classes together but he literally has the brain of a donkey. I wouldn't be surprised if he was talking about someone else.

“Morey,” I sighed, “what are you talking about?”

“You, you little minx!” Oh my god. He literally had got the wrong girl. I thought I was just being mean to myself before... but I didn’t think it was true! But he had! HOW EMBARRASSING. Shot-gun not telling him I’m Phoebe Thornton... even though there’s no one else here to do it for me... “I honestly didn’t know you had it in you!” he continued, a big excited grin on his face.

Ah, stuff it. This needs sorting. “Right,” I said sweetly, “Here’s the thing... shut up and tell me what you’re talking about.”

“That doesn’t really make sense--” he laughed as if he felt clever for figuring that out.

“JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!” I interrupted.

He immediately looked hurt by my sharp tone of voice, instinctively getting his phone out of his trouser pocket. “This!” he started pressing buttons and after a few seconds, he laughed awkwardly, “It’s just loading.”

I snatched the phone off him and looked at – a white screen. Oh. It was loading. “Jesus, how slows your phone, Morey?” But before he could respond, a message appeared:

Hi, Morey :)!
I was just wonderig if you wre goig to Scott’s on Satrday? I am.. ando I was hopng you werrre too, haha! Lame, I knowwww! But... yeh. :) hehehe... So if you are, mybe I could hang arond with you as I don’t know many people who are going... Srry for speling mistkes!! I’ve had a few to drnk.. oh, and btw, in hisory today whn Rachael talkd about steroids ruinig your ‘equipment’... Get me druink enough and I’d likke to judggge for mysrelf, thanks. ;) xxxxzzzxx

My jaw dropped. Oh. Shit.

“What were you drinking last night?” Morey laughed, taking the phone out of my clenched hands and touching more skin than required.

I quickly ripped the phone back, looking at the time of the text. “Drunk at 4 o’clock in the afternoon, Morey?” I asked with incredulous eyes. Was he that thick?!Straight after school? Really? You think I sent this?” He looked at me as if to say ‘Doyyy dint fink ov dat!!!’ and I slammed the phone into his chest, marching off.

I stood in the middle of the room, looking at Scott with fierce eyes.

There’s me thinking a bridge had been built – but he apparently set it on flames last night before we’d even laid the first brick! Do bridges have bricks? I don’t know. I’m not a landscape designer – I’m ANGRY.

He just looked back at me with the biggest smirk I’d ever seen. Morey awkwardly walked past me, over to his group of friends, but we both (unsurprisingly) ignored each other. He sat down next to one of the girls in his group with a facial expression on as if he were trying to figure out the meaning of life when really, he was just thinking ‘If she didn’t send it... whooooo diiddddd?!’

Thick shit.

I was so angry at this moment, kids, that it came out...

THE FIERCE EYEBROW.

Boom. It was practically in my hairline, I swear! I jerked my head towards the door in one quick (and neck crackingly painful) motion, indicating for Scott to get the HELL out of the room. His grin just grew even larger as he slowly shook his head, taunting me.

I jerked my head once more... but no movement. I noticed that a few of his group started to stare at me with their judging eyes. I did look weird, to be fair – staring at their leading man whilst stood by myself in an empty space in the middle of the room... not exactly subtle. But I turned around... a little embarrassed... BUT STILL INFURIATED.

I started to walk back to Grayson who was looking at me strangely. OH SHIT. Did he see me staring at Scott?! OMG. But I guess I’d never find out as the bell rang for registration before I got a chance to sit down.

I quickly ran out of the common room, and hid behind the door, waiting to ambush him in the corridor. People trudged out, not noticing I was there (seeing as I was a ninja, shh!) and then Grayson walked past. He seemed to be in a hurry as if he were looking for something... or someone... Oh. It was me.

Wow, guilt wave. RIGHT IN THE FACE.

I needed to explain to him all of this... but how could I? When he hated--- NEVERMIND. THERE HE WAS.

Scott was sauntering out of the common room like he owned the place with his minions, but he started to trail abit slower than they were. Was his form room on this floor? Either way, I took advantage and grabbed him by his school shirt, and flung him into the girls toilets.

Err... I didn’t really think it through.

He stumbled, getting his balance as the door shut behind me. At first, he looked disorientated. Then he looked around the room, and then back at me with a frown. “Oh, Bubbles,” he sighed, “The girl’s toilets? I didn’t know you were this desperate for some penis--”

“You shut the hell up!” I whispered violently, punching him in the chest. I marched past him in anger, pacing calming me down.

He looked down at it as if it were bird-shit. “Well,” he huffed, “Someone’s in an aggressive mood, aren’t they?” He brushed his shirt of where I touched him. WHERE WAS SCOTT FROM LAST NIGHT? URGH AT MY LIFE.

“I’m serious, Scott,” I said, though my short stature didn’t exactly give me the status I was requiring. I was more like the hunchback of whatever it is than the Gene out of Aladdin. I wish I was blue. Anyways. “What the hell?!”

“I know!” he said, seemingly disgusted, “I swore there was a tampon machine in here too!” he looked around and then once again, back at me with a shrug, “Well, there was when I was in here last time.”

“Last time?” I said, suddenly off track. EW was this his poon-argi place? Did he actually shag girls in here? Was I actually jealous?! PHOEBE, OF COURSE NOT! “SHUT UP,” I shouted, taking my mind-embarrassment out on him. It’s moments like these when I think to myself ‘I hope you can’t secretly read minds...’ “You texted Morey?”

But he just grinned, “Naive Bubbles, did you really think I’d just let you get away with fraping me like that? It was a good frape – well played... but really?” Yes... I didn’t think he’d be that determined to get me back... He took a step closer to me with a cool smile on his face as he said, “Now, we’re even.”

He tried to stroke my hair patronizingly but I slapped his hand away. “That’s not how I play,” I scowled.

He put his hand in his pocket casually and smiled even further as he said, “What do you mean?”

“I don’t play to share the medal.”

He nodded in agreement, “That would be inconvenient. We’d both be bound by the neck.” His eyes drifted off into space as if he were imagining it... “How awkward would it be for you when I’m with girls?”

“Scott,” I said, punching his shoulder again. His eyes snapped back into focus as mine were full of rage. “As far as I’m concerned, we’re not even level.” The fact that he bought me and made me do up the Mystery Den counted as the first one... The frape was in retaliation to that! “You’ve got one on me with Morey and I’m about to settle that.”

He took another step further, getting all up in my grill. (Wow, I enjoyed saying that so much!) “I would love to see your feeble attempt,” he smirked in my face. “I’m guessing you got your plotting skills from the Tracy Beaker Show?”

I put my arm between his elbow and his waist and his jaw tightened a little as I was inches away from his face. “Goodbye, Scott,” I smiled and he suddenly realised that I’d just opened the door behind him. He looked at it and then back at me with a smile as if to say ‘Touché’.

“Goodbye, Bubbles.”

I watched him walk out and quickly shut the door behind me. I was such an effing legend, I’d made up the plan RIGHT THERE when I was talking to him...

It was possibly the best plan of the century.

But I needed help.

From a beautiful girl called Sophia.
_________________________________________
Right, this is a big shout out to my mummy!
I swear, she loves this story more than me. She’s always like ‘When are you adding a new episode/article/document/message?’ and I’m just like, ‘Mum, call it a chapter.’
So Mum, here’s your shout-out....

Go away.
I’M JOKING. I love you.

But now to my loyalies. Thank you so much for reading this far!
I literally wish I could hug you all.
I’m going to give another shout out (as I’m clearly feeling talkative) to Munni101 – the craziest bitch to walk to earth. I literally don’t understand her but the thought’s always there.
THANK YOU AND BIG HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ALL.
Bells!xo