Chapter 9 - [Beauty and the Rescue]

Akhenatem joined me on my trip to the campus of Oakville University. It was a huge campus and I wanted to get to know the area before school started. Aurora was supposed to join me, but her aunty in another city was really sick so she had to go visit her with her family.

In fact, we were supposed to go to Frosh week together... but she wouldn't be able to make it to that either.

I decided I was going to still go though... mostly because Aurora forced me to and also so that I could make some new friends.

But that started tomorrow.

Today, I was just exploring the beautiful campus. It was a two hundred year old campus so a lot of the buildings were absolutely gorgeous.

Even Akhenatem agreed to that.

So we spent the entire morning exploring and then when we were done, we went out for lunch.

The next day was the start of Frosh Week. It was basically a week of orientations for all of the first years who wanted to meet new people before school started.

Which meant I wouldn't be spending much time with Akhenatem.

And he was fine with that.

As usual, he went off to work with Grandma Seetha on his own and had no complaints.

In the meantime, I made a couple new friends. The one who I spent the most time with was a party animal and pretty cool girl named Sunny.

Sunny was a gorgeous Asian girl with flawless skin and a fun personality. Her eyes were dark and her hair was black with blonde ends and she had this amazing sense of style.

But Sunny was definitely one of my cool new friends.

We were in the same group during frosh week and she commented on how much she loved the thickness of my hair. And that's how we started our new friendship.

It was because of her that I decided to go clubbing on the last day of Frosh Week.

According to the Frosh Leaders, an entire club had been booked out for our students that night and all we needed was to pay ten dollars.

The fun Sunny thought that was amazing and made sure that I agreed to come.

We even went shopping for an outfit together.

Unfortunately for me, she picked out my entire outfit... and though it wasn't exactly my style, she made me promise to wear it.

So that's what I wore.

After getting ready, I walked out of my bedroom and saw Akhenatem freeze when he saw me.

"What are you wearing?"

I felt my cheeks burn up.

I was wearing these black high-waisted jeans and a black, tight crop top that showed a tinie-wenie bit of the top of my belly. It was supposed to show a lot more but I kept pulling the top down and the bottoms up.

I straightened my hair so it looked longer than usual, falling down to just below my hips. And of course, I had on a full face of makeup.

Though Atem looked shocked, I had taken a picture of myself and sent it to Aurora and she said I looked "SMOKIN'!!!!"

I hesitated as I looked at Atem who was waiting for my response, "does it look bad?"

He let out a breath then looked away, getting back to eating his granola bar on the couch, "well... no..."