Chapter 4 - [Beauty and the Search for Truth]

I woke up really early the next Saturday morning. Well, to be honest, I had barely any sleep at all. So at five thirty, I was out of my house, driving towards my brother's apartment almost immediately after I woke up.

     I spent the entire drive praying that my brothers' place hadn't been completely destroyed or emptied. Praying that I wasn't actually an idiot.

     When I got there though, it was thankfully very quiet and everything was in its place.

     Since I was early and Blake still hadn't gotten here, I decided to start icing a cake that I had to get done for this evening for a girl who was having her sixteenth birthday party.

     Once Aunty Maya realized how good I was at cake baking and decorating, she immediately boasted about it to everyone. Thanks to her, I basically had a part time job where I would bake cakes for people I knew and other people would somehow get my number, give me a call and then ask me to make them a cake as well.

     And I loved baking, so I had no problem with it.

     I baked the cake last night before we headed out for the disastrous clubbing event, so I brought it, along with all my decorating supplies, with me to my brother's home.

     And as I worked on my cakes, Blake, like he promised, walked in through the door just a little bit past six-thirty in the morning.

     I felt relieved when I saw him. He was still in his uniform... and though he looked completely exhausted, he smiled at me. "Morning, lovely."–my heart skipped a beat–"I didn't think you'd be here. You didn't stay the entire night, did you?"

     I put down my icing bag and walked around the counter, rubbing my hands on my apron. "No, I drove here a little while ago. Couldn't sleep." I said, tightening my ponytail.

     My handsome friend nodded, "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner–"

     "It's fine! Really. He hasn't caused any trouble. Things have been quiet and I actually think he's still asleep. So why don't you take a nap for a bit? My brother's room is still free."

     He gave me a grateful smile. "A nap sounds great."

     When he got to the room, he fell asleep in an instant. But he didn't sleep for long.

     Around seven-thirty in the morning, he was up and ready to get back to work.

     He looked a tiny bit fresher now, though he was clearly still tired. Of course, he was still as handsome as ever.

     The thing about Blake that attracted me the most was that he was such a man. Like, manly man kind of man. He wasn't like the high school boys. Like Dom. Blake was mature, career oriented, sweet and super cool.

     He had a light build, which was suitable for a police officer of his age and he was very tall. An entire head and a half taller than me, to be exact. His hair was dark brown and his eyes were a lovely shade of green. He always had a little bit of stubble growing on his face, which added to his manly look.

     And the other thing about Blake was that he was so reliable. If he made a promise, he would always keep it. Plus, he was always really nice to me. I assumed it was because I was the little sister of his best friend. But nonetheless, ever since we were kids he was always really nice to me.

     Oh, and he always smelled really good.

     But now wasn't the time to be awkwardly admiring Blake.

     So I took him to the guest room so that we could, ideally, finish dealing with the crazy guy. Hopefully he had sobered up and was ready to go home.