Chapter 1

hello everyone! :)

I'm pretty excited for this story and i hope that you all enjoy it! The idea comes from the song 18, the title is a lyric from it too. Please feel free to comment and vote and generally just let me know how you feel about it. The story will be written in Harry's POV unless stated otherwise. there will be a lot of jumps because the story is going to follow them through their lives, it will slow down the older they get. if you're unsure about anything don't hesitate to ask :)

This chapter is dedicated to SmilingNiallxxx for the first vote and comment, thank you love xx

This chapter is a bit on the short side because it is literally the beginning, but i do promise that they'll get longer.

Thank you, enjoy reading x

***************************************************************************************

Ages: Harry - 3, Niall - 0 

Every Thursday afternoon mummy and I would go and visit Aunty Maura, she was one of mummy's friends and she had a baby in her tummy. I was excited to see the baby because it would be nice to have more friends. I already had Liam and Josh from pre-school. Sometimes Aunty Maura would let me talk to the baby in her tummy, she said it was a boy.

"Harry come on we have to go to the hospital love." I tensed up, confusion wracking my body. Was somebody sick? We only went to the hospital when somebody didn't feel good. "Why mummy? It's Thursday wont Aunty Maura and the baby be waiting for us?"

Mummy came and leaned down in front of me and held my hand. "Well that's why we're going to the hospital, bug, Aunty Maura had her baby last night, so we can go and see him, isn't that exciting." A huge smile broke out onto my face! Yay my friend was finally here! "Yes mummy! Lets go! I want to meet the baby!" I ran out the front door and waiting excitedly. It was finally time!

The whole drive to the hospital I was literally jumping up and down in my seat from excitement. When we finally got to Maura's room I was a little more calm. When we walked in Maura was holding a blue little bundle in her arms. I was holding onto my mum's leg, nervous to go nearer.

"Come have a look Harry, he's awake." Maura called. I stepped away from my mum and closer to Maura. "Here love, have a seat." I hopped up next to her. "Okay Harry now just hold him gently, remember not to hold too tightly." I can't believe I was holding a baby; he was so small and he was pretty adorable, hopefully when he got older we could play together.

"His name is Niall." I looked down at little Niall and smiled, his eyes opened and he blinked at me, his eyes were a beautiful blue colour. "Hi Niall, its me, Harry." He gurgled and I saw a bit of a smile. "Mum! He's smiling at me!" my mum laughed. "He must still remember your voice, from all the times you spoke to him." I was so happy, this was beginning of something special with Niall.

*****************************************************************************************

Hope you liked this chapter, i promise they will get longer. Chapter 2 will be posted on Friday xx               *I know that babies can't smile so soon, but just roll with it for the sake of the chapter lol.

VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE xx