Chapter 27 : Wooden Fox

It has been a few days since they found out that Ara doesn't have any chakra natures. That fact really had shaken her.

To be truthful, Kakashi doesn't know what to do. For the first time in his life, Kakashi was clueless. He may be a genius, but for this case, that fact doesn't apply. He has all the chakra natures, and he had to deal with his little sister, who had just found out that she has no chakra natures, none at all, the opposite of her father.

But in his opinion, even without his help, she's alright.

However, the next day, Ara acted like she doesn't know about it. She didn't mention it at all, and instead she said that she was going to start her training soon. She stayed in her room for hours, and come out just to eat. She looks like she was losing sleep, but Kakashi didn't ask.

Kakashi knows that she's hiding something. The glint in her eyes, the smile on her face, the way she peeked out from her door, or trotted her way back to her room, those tell everything. She's hiding something special that no one else may see except her. Even Yūsha was kicked out of the room.

Funny, that he heard her talking to herself. He's worried, but he believed in her.

Again, the good thing is, after she found out about that, she starts talking again. Just to Kakashi and Yūsha. But it's still an improvement.

Kakashi knocked on Ara's door. "Ara, dinner's ready!"

No answer.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes in suspicion. It was somehow too silent.

Let's hope that Ara doesn't lock the room.

Kakashi sighed in relief, as he managed to push the door open. He walked in, and a smile crept onto his face at the sight in front of him.

Ara is sitting on her chair, her arms on the desk, and her head is leaning on them.

She was sleeping.

Kakashi approached her, and ran his fingers through her white hair. Sometimes he forgot that Ara is just a little girl, not even 6 years old. He was a bit sad that Ara lost her normal childhood, just like him.

Then his gaze landed on the thing she was working on.

It was a wooden puppet. A fox wooden puppet, probably as big as Guruko.

Kakashi carefully picked up the puppet, examining it. It was obvious that the fox puppet was made carefully. It was perfect. The size, the shape, the balance. The claws were made of blades, just like the fangs. The eyes were made of glass, and the tail was made of fur. It was polished, and painted orange and black, just like the tail.

Kakashi smiled. So this is her work? Amazing.

"...Aniki?" A voice whispered.

Kakashi turned at Ara. "Cool puppet. You made this alone?"

She nodded.

"Wanna eat dinner?"

She shook her head. "Not hungry. Sleepy."

Kakashi chuckled. "Go to bed, then. Not on your desk."

Ara stood up, still wobbly, and walked towards her bed like a zombie, dropping herself on the mattress and starts snoring.

Yūsha slowly entered the room.

-What's up, Kakashi?-

'Well, she needs sleep more than eats now.' Kakashi replied, referring to the sleeping girl.

Yūsha chuckled. His gaze landed on the desk.

-What's that?-

'A fox puppet she made. I don't know what for, but I have one word to describe it. Perfect.'