Traveling circus

Day one

So it's the first day on the road and all I can say is there is no coming back from this and that I don't think anyone else has survived the invasion
"So what exactly happened?" I ask, softly, but just load enough to be heard
"Well from what I gathered I think that we were attacked and bombed" Jayden replies
"But who? Why?"
"Well that's what we're hoping to find out in oamaru"
"What?"
"Oh don't you Know? Apparently the military have set up an outpost down there"
"Wait, how would you know?" I ask, "because there is no internet nor reception"
"Oh, uh, don't worry, I just know"

Jayden's POV
That was a dark time for me and I don't think I can tell anyone about it....
I was back in Wellington and tommy came back through the door with a rucksack full of something that looked quite heavy. I already knew what it was, and I sure wasn't proud of it. Tom unloaded is back and out spilled hundreds of coins and notes, easily ten grand worth. The thing was that I was incredibly poor and weapon trafficking was the only thing I knew how to do. And now I am retiring, to get a real job, one that won't get me killed if I forget one bullet.
But that's when I happened. I did forget a bullet, and my family payed for it. When I got home I found two and a half corpses hanging from hooks and missing limbs. The were brutal, and that's when I snapped. I found them, and all I had was a Bowie knife. I blacked out and when I came to there were at least fifty corpses strewn across the large warehouse.
I swear I will never get back into the horrid business and now that I'm with my friends I think I'll be alright...

Simrans POV
Jayden has been acting weird lately, but then again so has cam, I think Cameron has just got a lot on his mind so is a little cranky but Jayden seems in a whole different universe, like he is lost in space. I think he has a dark past and I shouldn't ask him about it. Oh well, I just better worry about myself and how I feel like I need someone....

Aight this is just part one for the bulk as I'm up in Christchurch
Also check out 'things you didn't know about life in latislinia'
~into the breach